cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Update Remote Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a remote system which create remote key while syndicating to ERP...

ERP will create the material number which inturn needs to be updated in MDM using import manager..

While importing I am mapping Material number to remote key.. which is creating new remote key along with defualy remote key generated while

syndication... Is it possible to have one key as it is of same material from same system? And at the same time it is again syndicating after

I import with material number (Remote Key)..

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

You can try following options-

1. Create a new Dummy remote system and while importing the records back from ECC use this remote system and map the MATNR with remote keys.

2. Create 1 more field at main table level for ECC Material Number and map MATNR from ECC to this field.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

by doing so I am having the dublicates in the Data Manager...

Steps I peffromed :

I have a main table of fields FName(DF),LName,City ....I created a remote Sytem (Remote1) with range of 1000 to 2000 .. Imported two records say ((A,AA,City1)(B,BB,CITY2)) using FName as matching filed (I didnt mapped remote key).. MSS is started so I see the keymapping as A,Remote1 and 1000 and B,Remote1 and 1001 for these two records..

NNow I created a dummy remote system and added a new field to the main table MatNumber.... I importing the file with (A,AA,City,Mat1) and remote system as dummy where I am mapping MatNumber to Remote Key... By doing so I see three records with one record dublicating as It got imported from new remote system with key value Mat1..

Can you please guide how to havve only two records by just updating the key value....

Thanks

Rajeev

Edited by: rajeev raj on Jun 22, 2010 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

In Configuration options of MDM Import Manager, We do have Property. Go to> Configuration Options> Navigate to Import>Reassign existing key mappings>Try with option into original records only . Just check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with that option as well but unable to resolve it.. Can any one faced the issue to update the remote key values....If so please point me to the link or steps to achieve it.

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have not come across this particular scenario.

but you can go through this -

http://help.sap.com/saphelpnwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/13dc2e22183223e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm_

http://help.sap.com/saphelpnwmdm71/helpdata/en/4a/642e2943946ba2e10000000a421937/frameset.htm_

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

Hope it helps.

Deep

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Can you update the thread status ?

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried your links but they are not working.. I am still strucked with updating key mapping fields which they are already in data manager..

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev

As I explained in above replies replacing the remote keys is not possible via import.

Remote keys are very similar to Qualified tables and based on remote system keys are maintained which can be multivalued.

Unfortunately the replace option as available for qualifiers is not provided for remote keys, they are always appended to existing values.

So if the requirement is t replace the existing remote keys with new values, may be you can define a qualified table itself with remote system as NQ and the remote keys as Qualifiers.

Hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajeev,

What i understood is you want the key to be the latest one that is material number after you importing not the one that generated earlier during syndication.

I tried at my end when you import same record with different remote then it make the new remote key the default one.

In this way And dusring syndication you will get the material number as a remote key.

M i rightly understood yr problem or requiremnet is something else.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

While importing records in MDM you can select update option rather then creating new Key option.

You can perform this operation in import Map.

Thanks and Regards,

Shruti Shah