cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Taking Longer Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am copying a client from a Standby Production Server to QAS server.

Database size is 580Gb.

It taking long time to copy

Can any one help me reg this.

Regards

Alim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alim,

Copying a productive client practical only if you want to build a new test system from a productive client.

However, also in this case a database copy is preferable to a client copy. For this topic, the 'R/3 Homogeneous System Copy' guide is available on the separate 'Installation Guides' CD or on SAP Service Marketplace at:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Please see notes 67205 and 489690.

If you don't want to do a system copy and wants to stick with a client copy you should be using the export/import method:

Client transport between 2 systems with tp transports (client export with SCC8 - client import postprocessing with SCC7); please refer to Note 70547

Also, be sure that you deleted the target client in advance; it is always recommendable to delete the target client with SCC5, before to import/copy the client. Of course, make sure in advance that your database has enough space to allocate the client data.

Of course, to improve the copy, you should maintain your database with all the recommended settings (Parameters, DB patches, CBO statistics...). The performance of the client copy is strongly affected by the performance of the database.

Regards,

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alim,

Database size seems to be huge, i can say client copy was wrong choice ,you should plan for system copy.

Any how at this stage you can check for temporary tablesace is sufficient or not.

Parallel processing wa there or not.

Also from my experience of client copy for 350 GB database was 12 hours that too hardware was good (64 GB RAM).

So suggest you to wait only this moment , or plan for system copy next time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alim,

Wait till the completion of Remote Client copy, Similar remote client copy of 480GB DB took me around 37Hours.

Better option would be system copy..

Thanks

Malai

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am copying a client from a Standby Production Server to QAS server.

> Database size is 580Gb.

> It taking long time to copy

Is this only one client?

Did you run a test copy to estimate the time needed?

Do you use parallel processes to copy?

Which profile do you use?

Markus

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alim

I wouldn't recommend performing such client copies to start with.

I find system copy is a much better alternative.

What method are you using to perform this client copy, export, import ?

Depending on the size of the client it can take a long time, even up to one week or more.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using Remote Client Copy Method(SCC9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following SAP Notes to speed up your client copy and understand the client size.

-

Note 489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients (If your SAP runs below WAS 6.10 refer to SAP Note : 67205 )

SAP Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

-

cheers !

PRADi