cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am running a cross company scenario through project...

Short brief of org str is as follows -

CC 1 having Plant P1 which is assembly plant

CC 2 having Plant P2 which is compnents plant.

Component plan supplies components to assembly plant for assemblying activity. BOM is maintained at the P1. BOM has an items which will be always procured from CC 2, P2. (Setting is done MM Config)

WBS element is placed at CC 1; plant P1. In this WBS Element, activity is created and BOM item is placed to generate demand.

MRP run on both plants.

CC1, P1 results -

PR is generated for BOM components; these PR are converted to PO. This PO is raised on CC2, P2.

CC2, P2 results -

PR is generated for the subsequest demand from CC1, P1. This PR is converted to PO. Goods receipt is done for this PO. Now the stock position is available at WBS but in plant P2

In entire chain of activities, WBS Element remains same (WBS corresponds to CC1; P1)

In th last step, doing outbound delivery for PO raised in CC1; P1. While doing so system is giving error delivery not supported for movement type 643 Q.

This movement type does not exists in standard SAP set up.

Request you to kindly help me in understanding -

1) How this issue can be solved

2) Wheather I am doing cross company process in correct way through project or is there any other better way to do

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Parimal Kaujalgikar,

I have met the same problem just as you said.

Do you have got a solution for the Cross Company procurement with project stock?

Looking for your reply!

Alex Ding

From SHANGHAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parimal,

Looks like you are working in PS integration area. Do you have any solution or ideas for the following business requirement :

We are implementing SAP Project Systems module for our client as part of ECC 6.0 global roll out and we are looking for a solution to meet the with following business scenario:

The sales company (CC : US01) receives a purchase order for large project from an external customer. The sales company creates a sales order in SAP with delivering plant that belongs to another legal entity ( CC : US02 and plant : USP2) that has the main engg.facility . Two projects ( WBS elements ) are created for the sales company and engg.company . WBS element 1 element is used to drive milestone billing for the external customer and WBS2 element is created to post revenues and costs for the main engg.company

( CC :US02). The main engg.company plant ( USP2) has to procure sub structures from another legal entity in the company ( CC :US03 and plant :USP3) . We are creating an inter company stock transport order from USP2 ( main engg.company ) on plant USP3. In standard SAP , the stock transport order carries WBS2 that belongs to purchasing plant. But the business requirement is to have their own WBS element for USP3 plant to capture costs and revenues. What's the best of way of meeting the above business requirement either through standard SAP configuraion or some user exists with manual process.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Request you to kindly provide your expert suggestions / solutions for the process.

I want to avoid Sales / purchase relationship between two company codes.

Process should be intercompany stock transfer with special stock Q.

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did some searching on this issue, What I found is 643 Q is not supported by SAP. But you can do some workaround to bring 643Q, but only if your release is 40B. refer note Note 92231 - Workaround: SD stock transfer assigned to special stock. And also, i read, this note cannot be applied to release after 40B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply...

I have gone through the note and may need some ABAP help to develop this mov type.

Thanks for support.

Regards,

Parimal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Supply of materials from P2(CC2) to P1(CC1), is it treated as sale?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even we are developing the scenario. As of now, we are not sure how to invoice CC1, P1.

I think, if we could able to deliver material from CC2; P2 to CC1; P1 by movement type 643 Q (which is currently not there in the system) then wrt that delivery document, we can bill.

Your refined inputs will be of great help.....we may follow the scenario as you suggested if it runs through project stock.

Thanks for reply and awaiting more inputs.

Regards,

Parimal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a scenario intercompany sales process with stock transfer in SAP HELP..go through that...check if it suits your requirement or not....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completely gone through that scenario.

That scenario works for sales order stock propcessing.....where movement type 643 E is called at the time of intercompany delivery (VL10B for intercomapny PO raised).

But while doing the same thing with Project stock....movement type 643 Q is called which is not available in standard SAP. Also there is no option to create this new movement type 643 Q in customizing.

Hence I am doubting if I am doing right steps in intercompany process with projects or there is some better way to process.

Thanks for reply.....

Dear Gurus......I am badly stuck up with this scenario......pl reply if anyone have already worked on intercompany project processing.....I am flexible to adopt scenario which solves a purpose of intercompany processing with project stocks

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal