cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Billing Document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have cancelled some of the billing documents dated January 2010,now how do I cancel the cancellation document. What is the solution to resolve.As posting period is closed for jan,feb,march.

Please advise.

Thanks

Shri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cancel the Cancelled Invoice??? For closed periods of previous fiscal year... thats not possible.

What you can do is that create new Invoices for these cancelled Invoices by refering to the respective Deliveries involved.

The Billing date of these Invoices can be in the Jan / Feb / March, but the posting can happen only in the currently open periods...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh Bhai,

I have configured below details as mentioned but its not working.

The billing document type F2 will have the Document Category as "M" and the cancellation document will have the document category "N" which is a cancellation document. (Transaction: VOFA) . If i want to cancel a billing document with certain document type then i have maintained this in the Billing document configuration in "VOFA". i have Copied cancellation document "S1" and made this as a cancellation document "ZPS1" and copy "S1" again and made it as "ZPS2". Now i have maintained "ZPS1" as the cancellation document for "F2" and "ZPS2" for "ZPS1" .

But i am getting an error as "Cancellation document can not be cancelled".

Is ther any way to cancel in alternative way.??

Thanks

Shri..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Try to understand the following two things:

1. Business Requirements

2. SAP Functionallity

1. Business Requirements: Your requirement is to Cancel the Cancelled Invoice. Say someone has by mistake cancelled few Invoices & you now want to roll-back the impact of cancellation Invoice.

2. SAP Functionality: When you create an Invoice, system generates a Invoice Number & makes Table Entries & Accounting posting. Then you cancelled the Invoice & once again system generates a Cancellation Invoice number, makes Table Entries & Accounting postings (This Acconting Postings would reverse the effect of the Original Invoice)

Now when you try to Cancel the Cancelled Invoice, what do you want to system to do? Revome the Cancelled Invoice from Tables & bring the Original Invioce in the real form? Do you think this is possible? How can system revome the effect the of Cancellation Invoice & bring back the Original Invoice again?

Also as these Inoice were cancelled in previous fiscal years which (fiscal years) are already closed & accounts finalised... so how to handle accounting entries here??? No answer...

If we were working with some local software these things are possible... But with certified Auditable software like SAP this is not at all possible.

To sum it up in a single line - SAP does not allow Cancellation of Cancelled Invoice. (in your case ZPS1 Cancellation Invoice & it cannot be cancelled by ZPS2 or other standard Invoice type)

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (0)