Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can GRC SPM configured into CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have CUA configured in SolMan 7 EhP1 and connecting systems consist of ECC5, XI, BI, SCM and APO.

The ECC5 has been configured with FF v3.0.

Previously when the CUA was not around, SU01 in ECC5 is accessible via FF accounts. Now that CUA is in place, user maintenance tasks performed in central system are bypassing FF. This practice is not inline with corporate governance since changes are not logged and traceable.

I need to know is there a way to configure FF into CUA or is this at all possible? Solution no.8 in SNOTE 1099011 suggested that this is possible with user based FF.

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

AF

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

It should not be a problem implementing SPM in CUA. with that implemented you can have a FireFighter id to do these changes which will be recorded against the FireFighter id.

Regards, Varun

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

while SPM will work for CUA user management, the added value over the change documents will not be a lot.

Depending on what you licensed, I would advise at looking at Compliant User Provisioning, or at the very least, Risk Terminator.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking of integrating existing SPM in ECC into CUA but highly unlikely this is not possible. I guess the only solution is to implement SPM in CUA.

The most important thing is that every changes is recorded, traceable and in compliance with SOX practice and i can deal with the little added value over the change documents.

Well, the licensing part is on the whole different ground but I will take a look at the very least option of Risk Terminator, probably to have a decent discussion with the upper management.

Thanks, you guys have been very helpful.