cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Customer Phone No in DBM

0 Kudos

Hi all, I've a situation which required/allow users from many Branches to do changes/update Customer Contact/Phone No permanently into the system.

My Boss dont allow them to used the t.Code XD02 or VD02 to make the changes where Customer Master Data are open to the users. Here I would like to know on how the users can update the Customer Phone No without allowing them to do modification on other Customer Master Details.

Please Help

Best Regards,

Jenny.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think no other way to maintain directly customer master but you can create the Z Table with the help of ABAP developer. Otherwise you can maintain Phone no in VA02 ---> Header Details ---> Order Data -->Telephone (This only restricted to Sales Order).

Regards,

Sandip

0 Kudos

Dear Sandip, I've tried but failed. its only for Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny, as far as I understood you want to updated / change the customer phone no without using XD02 or in other wards you want to restrict user from using XD02.

So BAPI is one way and Also you can use LSMW to update the phone numbers for customers. but for both things you need help of ABAPer

For LSMW steps you can check below mentioned link

http://www.abapcode.info/2007/05/step-by-step-guide-for-using-lsmw-to.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

You can Use

BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

Also if that dosn't work then you can use BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_remove and BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_add

just a querry when you say UPDATE CUSTOMER PHONE NO IN DBM??? do you mean DEALER BUSINESS MANAGMENT???

Regards

Vishal

0 Kudos

Yes Vishal, it is Dealer Business Management.

Where can user run this BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE,BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_remove and BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_add?

We will only allowed them to do changes only on Customer Phone No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny, thease bapi you can use to updated only the required fields

Take help of ABAPer they will be able to guide you how to sue that

Just asked whether is DEALER BUSINESS MANAGMENT as I'm also working in same area

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You may use the screen variant SHD0 for transaction VD02 where you can make the sales area greyed and make a different Z transaction for this. Provide authorisation of this Z-transaction to required users.

Regards

Amitesh Anand