Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document with various reviews / approvals

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

In our document cycle it will be routed through many reviews and approvals. May be in each review and approval stage users will put their comments / edit the document.

We have following statuses:

Create --In prgoress- review 1 --- review 2 --- review 3 -

approval 1 -- approval 2 --- approval 3 --completed

I am having following options:

1. Each reviewr / approval can down load the document (if it editable like word / excel etc) , after editing attach it as another attachment. In this case we will have two documents original and edited one in same version of the document.

He change the version and attached the edited document & delete the original document. In this case old version document with original document need to be completed / rejected / locked. This will be extra work for them. More over in this case there may be more versions & to identify who did what changes is difficult. We need to open each document & find out.

2. If the document is like PDF he can enter his comments on separate layer. Each reviewer / approver can enter his own layers & enter their comments etc.

Then some one need to be comiled all these editings / layers and make new version of the document and also complete / reject / locked the old version document.

3. Try to do outside the SAP the editing & upload the final version of the document.

4. Can we consider Content version ? In this case can we get statuses also. Can we name each version ?

I want to understand in my scenario which is better approach consideringthe following points:

a. I want to see the older / new version of changes. Want to know who proposed what changes / comments .

b. what is original document & sub srquent documents.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Given the scenario and associated constraints,IMHO, would prefer to go ahead with option 2 i.e, using redlining and layer concept for capturing user comments/feedback. Given the several rounds of iterations you indicated for your document lifecycle(R1,R2,R3...A1,A2...), layers would always provide a neat one shot summary of comments logged in by various users for a particular original.

Further, it would satisfy your requirements 'a' and 'b' as well.Above all, the document owner/creators' responsibility of incorporating the comments would be a much simplified task.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

In this case creator / originator need to compile all layers and submit new document. Shall he need to create new version for this ? or shall add new original attachment in same DIR. At what stage this needs to be done ?

New status can be :

Create - R1- R2- R3- Change updated- A1-A2- A3-Completed

I think after R1, R2, R3 he will submit new document for approval. Then after A1, A2, A3 he will upload another document which is final. Shall we need to create new cersion, other wise there is no record. If we make new version old version DIR status need to be changed to completed / rejected / locked to complete the cycle. Same time for new version DIR status to be Change updated (new status) so that it can go to A1. For each document he needs to this exercise means long process.

Am I right ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

In this case creator / originator need to compile all layers and submit new document. Shall he need to create new version for this ? or shall add new original attachment in same DIR. At what stage this needs to be done ?

New status can be :

I think after R1, R2, R3 he will submit new document for approval. Then after A1, A2, A3 he will upload another document which is final. Shall we need to create new cersion, other wise there is no record. If we make new version old version DIR status need to be changed to completed / rejected / locked to complete the cycle. Same time for new version DIR status to be Change updated (new status) so that it can go to A1. For each document he needs to this exercise means long process.

Am I right ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

New status can be :

Am I right ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

New status can be :

Am I right ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply.

New status can be :

Am I right ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Sai. However,would suggest that rather than creating a new DIR version, let the creator check-in the original as a new version within the original DIR.

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks.

You mean Creating new content version.

I didn't understand correctly. Can you explain me detailly please ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. Meant new content version i.e, while checking-in original, use the option "Check-in as new content version" so as to have all the earlier original versions available in the same DIR.

Please note that content version is not the same as DIR version.

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

In my explanation for point 2 when I am about Reldlining function for PDF and layers

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this question Pradeep has answered & also replied. While replying some how it was showing I send more time the same answer. However after that conversation with pradeep & me was going on. Now all that correpondence has been removed.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I could able to see all correspondence. The problem is from site / connection problem or with my laptop.

Morning also when I clicked once it has gone 5 times reply.

Regards,

Sai Krishna