cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IGS trace reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I have a scenario in which our root file system of SAP instance (CI) is above the threshold limit of 90%. In order to reduce it

we performed housekeeping activities and found that IGS trace file (wd_<host>.trc) to be of large size.

Could any one please let me know is there a way to reset this trace file ?

I tried with SIGS where such option is not observed and also I found that current trace level to be 1.

Please help me out with the following questions.

How to reset the trace file using SAP without restart? and What would be the default trace level is it 0?

what is the (UNIX) command to restart Integrated IGS alone so that will it get automatically renamed wd_<host>.trc.old ?

Already I tried the following command but resulted in error.

$(DIR_EXECUTABLE)/igswd_mt -mode=ALL profile pf=$(DIR_PROFILE)/<SID>_<INSTANCE>_<HOST>

Startup using config file

Configuration file could not be read!

Note: we are on NW 7.0 platform with LINUX x86 environment

Appreciate your earliest response.

Best Regards,

Viswanathan Subramanian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks

Former Member
0 Kudos
And found that IGS trace file (wd_<host>.trc) to be of large size.

Some times ago on one of my server i see the trace file of IGS are 360 GB !

After patching the IGS problems does't come back, you can patch IGS separately without problem.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please tell me how to reset trace for igs "wd_<host>.trc" and how ?.

Above answers not help full.

Regards

Kumar

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction SMICM - Goto - Trace file - reset

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How to reset the trace file using SAP without restart? and What would be the default trace level is it 0?

I'd not switch tracing off completely but rather look into the file and check what error is logged again and again.

>

> what is the (UNIX) command to restart Integrated IGS alone so that will it get automatically renamed wd_<host>.trc.old ?

IGS can't be restarted alone. You can, however, clean the tracefile and keeping the filedescriptor by doing

cat /dev/null > <tracefile>

Markus

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanathan,

Actually you can restart the IGS without restarting the entire system:

If available use the stopigs script. Note that this script must be run by the same user that started the IGS. If this script is not available run "kill -INT <pid of igswd_mt>" to stop the IGS.

Use the startigs script to start the IGS. If this script is not available go to the executable directory and run: "igswd_mt -mode=profile pf=<path to the instance profile>"

You should also check SAP note 896400 to use the latest IGS patch level (always recommended). SAP note 844669 will tell you more about the IGS parameters: igs/tracelevel might be relevant for your problem.

At last, but certainly not least, SAP note 514841 can help you in many IGS problems!

Best regards,

Cristiano