cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing application in the PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm doing the first steps with SAP Mobile Infrastructure.

I have WAS 640, J2EE and ABAP with SP16.

SAP MI 2.5 SP09.

I'm trying to run in a PDA the very first examples from the SAP Develloper Studio MDK Help.

In WebConsole, I have created an Application MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP and have uploaded the

MDK_configExampleJSP.war.zip file.

Next, I assignied it to the device ID and after syncronization I have the file MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP.war in directory MIwebapps.

Restarting the Mobile Engine, a new folder is created:

MIWebappsMDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP with other sub folders.

Running the Mobile Client, I have the new link to this application, but when I tap it, I have the error:

"Not found(404)

Original request:/

MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP/start

Not found request:/

MDK_CONFIGEXAMPLEJSP/start"

All this works fine in a Laptop (WIN32).

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Arnaldo Calçada.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello arnaldo,

check if your jsps are properly compiled. look are the

work directory. check also your web descriptor i.e. web.xml...check your trace file as well for exceptions.

if you have some trace entries, please post here for us

to look.

regards

jo

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaldo,

Please check whether you are using any reference to

the classes which are only present in JDK1.2 and above.

Because Creme supports only JDK1.1.8. Usually calls to

get() and add() methods of Vector class will be there but

you need to use elementAt() and addElement() methods for the same purpose in Creme.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are doing a similar application which works fine on MI Client on a laptop but when we port it to PDA.It gives the same error as yours..

> 404 error and original request <Application>/start not found.

> also when we try accessing <Application>/jsp pages using IE after starting the Mobile Engine.We are not able to see the jsp pages of the application.

>.WAR file of the application is present in the webapps folder of the PDA.But it doesnt extract and create folder for the application.in webapps folder

> Also we cant see the startup.bat file and other such files in the MI folder of PDA that we r able to see in SAP Mobile Infrastructure folder on the laptop .Does it mean the Tomcat is not running properly..?

Please help on this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

error 404 means: Page not Found.

OnLaptop we have a complete JDK with the TOOLS.jar available. The benefit on that is, while we are running our App, MI can compile JSP to JAVA files and display them.

On PDA we do not have TOOLS.jar available. What we need to do is, we need to compile our JSP files with the MDK, while we create our WAR file. While creating the WAR file, after you selected to project, tick "Add JSP as compiled classes". This will solve the 404 issue on the PDA.

It is correct that you do not have a startup.bat file on the PDA. A PDA has no DOS shell like a PC and so STARTUP.BAT makes no sence. The startup is done automatically at restart of the PDA. You can find the MIServer shortcut in the folder WINDOWS/STARTUP on the PDA. IF you want to start it manually, just tick that shortcut. If it is already running, no second instance will be started, so it is not a problem to do that. BUT: as you can open the URL http://localhost:4444 in IE on the PDA, this machine is working fine. IF you do have problems, check the JCPOut file in the root folder of the PDA. You will find the Java trace there. If MI is running, there is a sharing restriction on this file. In that case, make a copy of the file on the PDA and transfer the copy down to your PC to open it.

I have create a BLOG, how to debug into PDA MI installations. Unfortunately, because you debug on a PC, you will most probably not find the 404 error there, because on a PC the JSP files will be compiled with the available tools.jar. Unfortunately it does not help to copy tools.jar to the PDA. The used Java implementation NSIcom Creme does not support that file.

Hope this helps to understand and solve this issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Oliver,

Thanks for your reply.We tried creating the WAR file with that option(Add JSP as compiled classes) checked.then we uploaded this WAR to nwa and then .Assigned this application to our PDA using NWA .

Now when we do this , .WAR file is created in MI/webapps of PDA. Ususally when we do this process on laptop, a <b>folder</b> for this application is created in webapps and in work directory.But in PDA only a WAR file can be seen in webapps .Could that be a problem that we are getting error "Original request: <application>/start not found"?

For this, we tried manually copying the extracted folder from .WAR file to the webapps directory of the PDA.But that doesnt help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My steps are:

- Open Netweaver and Import the app.

- In the explorer of MI, export the app.

- Go to webconsole and create the application.

- Add the application to PDA.

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check this entry

MI.ClientInstaller.StaticCommandLine=-Of -mi -classpath '%CI_HOME%/MICI.jar' com.sap.ip.mi.ci.ClientInstaller '-home:%CI_HOME%'

in your MobileEngine.config file,where you can find under this path %MI_HOME%/settings.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

´Hi,

well, if you only have the WAR file - please restart ypu PDA - do a soft reset. This will restart MI as well and this will then create your folder. Even on the PC this folder is created while MI is restarting. Only in this moment MI unpacks the WAR file to a folder structure and does the init.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi akshata,

Did you compile your JSP files as class files?

If yes....which version of JDK you are using to compile it..?

Normally Creme does not support jdk1.4 pre compiled JSP, because Creme is of jdk1.1 compatability. You need to use JDK1.1 to compile the JSP.

This should solve your problem

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

is this really correct?

Well, I use tools.jar mostly from JDK in version 1.4.2 and this works fine. The reason is, that the compiled code is normally 1.1.8 confirm. Just the Java code inside this JSP class has to be in 1.1.8 state and this is done by the JDK - I explained above.

Or am I wrong?

I thought the process is:

The tools jar is used to create the precompiled JAVA classes from these JSP files. And after that the JDK is used to create the class files. So in my understanding it is necessary that the JDK is in version 1.1.8 and the tools.jar can be 1.4 for example. Even worse: I guess there is no tools.jar in 1.1.8 - at least I never found one.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, this is ok. The WAR file is the normal thing you deploy on MI. The process is:

You setup a device from scratch. So in Webapps you just have the folder named me.

Then you sync. The Device ID is created and in MobileAdministrator you can assign an App to the device. With the next sync this app is downloaded to the device as a WAR file. So you get the message, that a new file was downloaded to the device and a restart is necessary. If you now have a look into the WEBAPPS folder, you can see the ME folder and a WAR file. This is the same, on Laptop and on PDA. With a restart of MI this WAR file is unpacked to the related folder.

On a PC the restart of MI is simple - on PDA it is done by a soft reset of the PDA. MI starts automatically. When you start the PDA after a SoftReset, you see the message: Creme starting - this is actually telling you that MI is starting.

After that process the Webapps folder contains the second folder for the application and no ME folder. Be aware, this unpacking process can take easily up to a few minutes!

Well, now it is a little strange to do that process again and again in development. So just rename the folder of the application in WEBAPPS and place the WAR file into that folder again - once the APP was already installed. Then do a restart of the PDA and Voila, it creates the folder again and the APP is available in the new version on the PDA. The long way with the Webserver is not necessary. BUT: this only works after the app was deployed at least once the long way via the webserver.

Hope this hepls to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aranldo

when ur having ur ABAP in SP16 it is advisible to have MI server in atleast SP15 it resolves most of ur issues .

please try to update it.

for ur problem

Please check with the PI BASIS level it shld be in 10

If the war file is working fine in laptop client

it shld be working fine in PDA also .

bye

sid