cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value is Redetermined with Release of Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

When releasing a billing document to accounting, the value is sometimes being redetermined. That is to say the the accounting document has a different net amount compared with the billing document. The business process calls for a manual release; sometimes there are days between when they release the billing docs to accounting. This appears to happen when the batch characteristics are updated or changed. We have formula and average pricing routines based upon commodity indexes and utilize IS-OIL/Mine extensions. Any insights why this would be happening? Or possibly how to prevent this "repricing" when billing docs are released? Is there a specific UserExit or BADI that may be used?

- Kevlar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin

Did you check the Billing document after its release to accounting and creation of the accounting document. Is the net value changing there also post- accounting doc creation?

If so, please consider Knowledgbase article 1469080 - How to prevent or block pricing/condition from being updated in SD Billing and OSS note 49494 - Preventing price changes in the billing document. Both talk about using Program MV61AFZA- I am thinking probably, these 2 exits:

USEREXIT_PRICING_RULE and/or USEREXIT_CHANGE_PRICING_RULE

Knowledgbase article kind of refers to VFX3 in the key words, so I think it may not be totally out of context to take a look at these notes.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the billing document's value itself does not change.

I will check out the notes and refereneces that you had given and let you know what I find.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

For whatever it is worth take a look at

567652 - Lock logic in module SD_INVOICE_RELEASE_TO_ACCOUNT

also though it relates to Release 4.7. It may provide some pointers to your issue also.