cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with view layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working web dynpro for ABAP trying to duplicate a legacy system screen.

I have 3 different types of addresses to display on the screen - Shipping, Billing, and Mailing. What I want to do is arrange these addresses in 3 columns. Each column would have the heading indicating the address type and would contain the fields for that address type.

I have tried the matrix layout and don't seem to be able to control the number of columns on the screen. Each time I add an element it gets tacked on horizontally just like typing. What I want to do is work vertically withing a column building the elements.

I'm fumbling around with the grid layout now but I'm still having trouble arranging the fields the way I want.

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Brent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brent

When you add new element into Matrix layout take a look in "matrixData" property. By default the property has value "MatrixData" which indicates choosing a new column. Value "MatrixHeadData" forces the element to start within the first column of the matrix. I.e. the property determines whether to make a new line in the matrix.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for the tip. That solved my vertical allignment problem but I'm still fighting with trying to get multiple elements within a cell in the Matrix.

If I set the layout property of field A to MatrixHeadData and then add field B and C it looks like this.

A B C

If I add field D and set the property to MatrixHeadData then that starts a new row with D and it looks like this;

A B C

D

I'm still having trouble putting multiple elements in the same cell like this

A D

B

C

It seems odd that you can't just move fields around on the screen with the mouse or create a matrix and then just drag and drop field into the various cells. Am I going about this the hard way?

Thanks

Brent

Former Member
0 Kudos

A D

B

C

Container.layout = MatrixLayout

Container.children = A, D, B, C

A.layoutData = MatrixHeadData

D.layoutData = MatrixData

B.layoutData = MatrixHeadData