cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I just moved a universe and its WebIs to Production. The universe is built on top of a MultiProvider which is built on top of a DSO which has GL Line Item information. This universe and webi worked perfectly fine in our QA environment.

After transporting them using the Import Wizard and updating the universe connections, I can't refresh the universe as "Refresh Strcuture" runs for over 2 hours. When I click on "Check Integrity" it again runs for more than 2 hours.

The query just has 10 objects in it. When I execute the query in BW I get results in 5-8 minutes.

I checked the technical names of the dimensions and measures and they match BW. I tried to create the universe in Production itself, retansported the universe... did quite a few things... but still no luck.

When I run the WebI, it times out as well.

We are on:

BOE: BOE SP2 (no fix packs)

BI is SPS15

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I would double check your connection to make sure it is exactly as it was in QA. Also, was QA built against the same tables and amount of data?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connection is the same as in QA. Only difference is the amount of data. The amount of data in Production is much larger than in QA. I tried building the universe directly in Production and still it didnt help.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

A few questions:

- Did you have a similar universe in Production before? Querying against the same Production data? Or is this the first time?

- How many records are you querying against?

- Are you able to parse each individual object in the Universe successfully?

- You said the Webi report times out as well. What happens if you copy the sql out of the Webi report and try to run it outside of BO?

- When you say you are on BOE SP2, I assume you mean Business Objects Edge? What version number? 3.1?

- Have you checked to make sure you have valid indexes on the tables, and your joins are ok? (not many to many or anything)

Thanks!