cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Monitoring set up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using solution manager 7.0 on linux and DB2 and want to setup system monitor on solution manager 7.0.

But whn I goto DSWP->operation setup->system monitoring

I cant see "set- up system monitor" button under to start confiuring it.

Any idea why there is no button to start configuring ?????

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kinldy confirm/Check the following.

1) Whether you have added systems to solution to start with?. logical system assignment to solution. Please take care of the leading system role and put the system in solution,.

2) Can be due to authorizations: Please check if you are assigned with the role.SAP_SETUP_DSWP_SM and you have authorization to solution?.

Hope this helps.

Revert for any issues.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have already setup all those settings in SMSY as you guys said, plus I have sap_all and sap_new authorization.

On top of that I assigend roles suggested by you guys.

Systems are assigend properly as logical system also and RFC also generated with no error.

Still I cant seee "setup monitor" button.

All I can see is link to "Best Practice guide" underneath.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to first create a solution and activate it (bulb needs to glow on the right).

Double-click the solution. Goto the Operations Tab on the left screen and then click "Setup system Monitoring".

This should help.

Regards,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution is already created and its light is also glowing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to see the system under operations -> system monitoring.

Please confirm the system is put in solution, It should be highlighted green in soltuion directory.

Regards.

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys somehow setup monitoring is working nw and i can only see production system in that.

I cant see development and quality system.

I have already added them under SMSY but still they are not visible

Any idea ?????

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the relevant boxes as mentioned above .

And give relevant authorization also .

Please check the thread http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/45/cb27429d16db2ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

and assign the roles for the System Monitoring .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Edited by: Nibu Antony on Jun 16, 2010 7:14 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check

Transaction: SMSY

Under Landscape Components-> Product Systems-> SAP CRM (Eg.)-> SID-> CRM Application Server-> Client

Select the client and then click on Check RFC Destinations button on top towards right. Then in the next screen select the check box Assign RFC Destination for System Monitoring and click on Check button and then Green tick mark.

After this also in transaction dswp Solution-> Solution Landscape->Solution Landscape Maintenance under System Group tab all the relevant Logical Components are assigned.

It should solve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghavendra.

Edited by: Raghavendra B Deshpande on Jun 16, 2010 5:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have already setup all those settings in SMSY as you guys said, plus I have sap_all and sap_ew authorization.

On top of that I assigend rolesa suggested by you guys.

Systems are assigend properly as logical system also and RFC also generated with no error.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have already setup all those settings in SMSY as you guys said, plus I have sap_all and sap_ew authorization.

On top of that I assigend rolesa suggested by you guys.

Thanks & Regards