SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBF Road Map

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do we have a road map for PBF ? What is ts future in context of other planning tools line BPC, IP..

Thanks

Pratyush

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratyush,

At the current time there is not a specific Roadmap for PBF.

Stan

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratyush,

BPC, IP, etc. are generic tools which require definition of content for budgeting. For example they need definition of characteristics and key figures to be used in planning, reporting etc. The layouts for data entry and reporting have to be defined. Authorizations must also be defined. By contrast PBF is a content-rich budgeting application which includes 40+ forms with defined data entry screens for pre-defined decision packages.

The roadmap as I understand it is to allow the customer to decide which of these tools best meets the requirements. Customers with a requirement for quantitative planning such as commercial customers may find BPC and IP useful. For government and other customers with highly defined statutary budget request, approval and publishing processes, PBF will continue to be more desirable.

As far as I know none of these tools is to be discontinued.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does SAP offer PBF training class? I do not seem to be able to find any on SAP training website.

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two courses WNABF1 and WNABF2 but neither seems to be scheduled.

Thanks

Shyam