Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problems with report header exporting to CSV

When exporting to character-separated value (CSV) format, the page header appears at the beginning of each record, instead of just once at the beginning of the CSV file.

That is the premise in KB Article #1196142 . In my case, the column headers were in the Report Header rather than the page header. However, I tried implementing the fix as described (running XI 11.0.0.2812) and it didn't seem to fix the problem. Specifically, I created the fake page header formula and built a group off it, then moved my Report Header content to the new group header.

The article says I should next create the following registry sub-key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Export\CSV\AreaExportOptions

Maybe I misunderstood the sub-key. I did not have the CSV sub-key, so I created it. Then I created a DWORD value named AreaExportOptions. I also tried creating a AreaExportOptions key word, but then didn't know what to name the DWORD value.

Upgrading Crystal is not an option as the company's product deployment is too extensive.

Any ideas?

Fuskie

Who has not run up against this before...

Former Member replied

Reports formatted with group headers and/or footers don't really do well when exported to CSV. A CSV file, by definition, will display the same information columns in EVERY row... So there won't be a group header row followed by detailed rows.

If you want to export to CSV, export the detail rows only.

HTH,

Jason

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question