Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to provide access to a specific user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One Z transaction has been locked by using SM01. I need to provide access to a specific user only with that Z transaction. If I unlock that particular transaction using SM01 and then how can I provide access to a specific user and restrict for all other users.

Regards,

Ganesh.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Create a role in PFCG with that specific Z transaction & assign it to that specific user only.

0 Kudos

Thanks Varma,

But the transaction was locked in SM01. If we unlock the transaction from SM01 and create a particular role in PFCG. Others also can able to access this trxn from different roles.

Regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Remove the transaction from those roles. Locking the transaction is a poor solution to restricting access, use the authorisation concept for that instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

You need build a seperate role which consists of Ztransaction and assign it the user.

Note : In role description mentionthat that this role should be assigne to particular user only.Make sure you prepare a documantation on it.so that it will be easy for new comers.

Thanks,

Sri

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with others that you should remove that transaction from all your roles (you can get your list of roles in SUIM) and create a special role for this transaction. If you don't want to do it for some reason then you can create a new authorization object which will be checked at the beginning of your Z transaction. I assume that your z transaction corresponds to your custom program.

Cheers

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

developers will always find a way to execute the transaciton, even if its locked or secured by authorizations. So the solution will work only for 'normal' users in your system. One easy alternative is to write a little check into the coding which is checking for sy-uname and exiting if it is not the reuqired user...

b.rgs, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.

I have an idea, I will create a copy of that Z transaction by using trxn SE93 and will create a role with that trxn and will assign to a particular user.

Regards,

Ganesh.