Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Agents for AI's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

have a doubt in mind .

I have a production systems wiht 12 AI instances on different servers other than CI .

So it is requred to install the CCMSPING in all the instances or we can install the agent in Central instance only.

and also what abt the sapccm4x ?

One more query

is it possible to chnge the text of of the email which we recieve as autoreaction when systems is down ? IF yes how ?

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually before you continue to install sapccm4x - do first check in RZ20 to see if the App servers are listed

Regarding CCMSPING - I mention CEN because this is the Solution Manager forum - however you can also monitor

locally from CI to AI by installing CCMSPING on CI

Best wishes

Stuart

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I agree to what Stuart said. Normally you require only one CCMSPING to monitor. But based on the project requirement, you can always install multiple agents to monitor the different instances from different points. Refer the below link for details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4e/06ae409567942ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the answers ....

Above have really helped me a lot .

Dev

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CCMSPING is usually installed only once on the CEN or Central Monitoring system (Solution Manager)

SAPCCM4X is installed on satellite systems I believe sapccm4x is specific to 1 instance profile - therefore

you need 1 agent per instance profile

Best wishes

Stuart

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I have a production systems wiht 12 AI instances on different servers other than CI .

> So it is requred to install the CCMSPING in all the instances or we can install the agent in Central instance only.

>

> and also what abt the sapccm4x ?

>

One agent monitors only one instance. So you need to install sapccm4x and ccmsping on all instances.

> One more query

> is it possible to chnge the text of of the email which we recieve as autoreaction when systems is down ? IF yes how ?

>

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos