cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent demand requirements distributed in days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Planned Orders created by the PPDS planning are usually between 2 to 4 days long, normally longer than one day. For some components we would need to see the requirements distributed proportionally in days instead of receiving the total depend demand quantity just before the beginning of the order. Reason for that is because suppliers are geographically very close so these components are ordered in daily basis and also, these components are actually being continuously issued to the mixing tank.

P.e:

Planned Order = 2000 PC --> Availab.Date = 4th July 12:00 am (starts 2nd July 12:00)

Component Requirements = 2000 PC -- total quantity required at the beginning of the order --> 2nd July 12:00

The business requirement is to have the requirements distributed proportionally by days:

2nd July --> 500 PC (Order is half of the half)

3rd July --> 1000 PC (Order runs the whole day)

4th July --> 500 PC (Order runs half a day)

I have tested with the Distribution Key assigned into the Production Version and also to the components. I have tried distribution with both distribution function: equal distribution and equal portions (alternatives dispatch at the start and end date do not work for my requirement), and then also the distribution type according to discrete points. Nevertheless I only get continual consumption which is not bad but with regard to the components dependent demand dates it is not what I need, the entire quantity is at the start of the operation to which components are assigned.

Any experience with this kind of requirement?

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Carlos

Edited by: carlos tur ferrer on Jun 16, 2010 8:12 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi carlos,

IN APO only distrubution key GLEI is supported. When you reansfer production version from ecc to APO check that in APO PPM indicatior for continous consumption C is visible in PPM or PDS.

You can see transfered results of dependent requirement very clearly in R/3 in MD04 in your case it will show in three different line items on three different dates. In APO product veiw date will appear continous date. In periods veiw you can veiw you clearly.

As long as creating receipt element(PR/PO) for these requirement those will be created as you wish , if you are using lot for lot lot sizing procedure and heuristic SAP_PP_C001.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the answer. I have been using distribution key GLEI and as you mentioned, I got 3 lines in the Stock/Req List for the finish good (1000 PCs per day) in R/3 and therefore I got 3 dependent requirements in R/3. However, in APO I get only a planned order, 3 days lenght, so there is only one dependent demand for the component which requirement date is just before the beginning of the planned order. Then, material planners see the total demand for the order in one day even though the order takes 3 days and the total quantity is not needed at the beginning.

This is have I did:

-GLEI assigned to the component and to the Production Version

-Transfer the PDS

-I have the C for Continual Consumption assigned to the finish article and also for the components the PDS.

-I ran Planning of Standard Lots considering Continous I/O (however in R/3 I get the 3 lineas even creating the order manually or with the normal planning with standard lots.

In APO, I dont see any distribution of the quantity in the planned order,and neither in the dependent demand. I get a 3000 PC planned with availability day one day (one line) and the same for the dependent demand, one line. What I can see on the DSPB, chart product stock, is that the component is being required continuously and the planned order quantity is growing also gradually.

Am I missing something? It must be possible in APO also!

Thanks again

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to use GLEI in Bom component only. As far as know SCM 5.0 does not support output product disrubution. Hope you are not using set up activity.

Above all this most important lot sizing procedure for components.?.

Regards,

Santosh

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Carlos,

As I see this post is answered ,could you please share the finding and how do achieve this requirement?

Regards,

Digambar