cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC models...BeX naming conventions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem in VC...with naming conventions.

The base Bex queries were not followed Naming Conventions and the VC models were completely designed based on the queries.

Now the management had decided to move the content only with naming conventions...from Bex we can do the query as Save As in a simple way. What about VC? Can we do it similar...i dont think so. Can someone help me with the best solution how to solve this issue.

what i did: I took the copy of VC model and added new datasource (Bex new query followed naming convention). Then i try to drag the input and output links to the new datasource i cant able to do that, is there a best way? my other question is if i change the links from old datasource to new datasource then all the fields and values for the rest of the model are blanked (not copied from the previous model). How to best solve this issue? Please advice...and consider this as high priority.

Note: If there is no solution to my question, how could SAP develop the tools with out thinking these constraints during the Product development. I feel like strange...please respond.

Thanks,

Pandu

Edited by: pandu on Jun 15, 2010 12:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a doubt regarding your requirement.

If you are creating new Bi queries, (with Save As) so what your are going to do with existing queries? If not, you can continue with same VC model, you just need to change model name as per convention.

Also for the second point you mentioned, VC is just for arranging the layout of the dashboard & the layout will remain same even if you delete exisitng queries & add new queries. Also the Data service (BI Query in this case) is a foundation of VC model & all other things like Input/ Output Form/Table are with reference to data service. So if you are deleting data service obviously all values will get reset. There are few constraints in VC but i dont think this is a constraint.

If possible, follow the naming convention in discripption of query for earlier queries which will not lead to duplication of efforts for earlier queries & Vc models. & You can start following naming convention for new queries.

Regards

Sandeep