cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Signon and Integration with Active Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to integrate Active Directory with SAP and implement Single Signon solution. Our Active Directory is running on Windows 2003 and we are having systems 4.7 , ECC6.0 which run on Linux OS in our landscape.

Can anyone of you help me by answering following questions

1. Is there any need of any third party solution(tool) to integrate Active Directory and SAP and activate single signon?

2.Is there any difference in integration from SAP 4.7 and ECC6.0 of SAP on Linux OS with Active Directory ?

3. If possible please share any documents or links on above issue.

Suitable answers will be rewarded with points. Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

> 1. Is there any need of any third party solution(tool) to integrate Active Directory and SAP and activate single signon?

> 2.Is there any difference in integration from SAP 4.7 and ECC6.0 of SAP on Linux OS with Active Directory ?

> 3. If possible please share any documents or links on above issue.

Check

/people/matthias.schlarb/blog/2008/08/04/single-sign-on-authenticating-linux-webas-abap-in-windows-ad

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for providing me the link. But the document on link seem to be in German. Can you please let me know how to get English version of this document.

Regards

Murali

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thank you very much for providing me the link. But the document on link seem to be in German. Can you please let me know how to get English version of this document.

I'm sorry, you'd have to ask Realtech for that document in English.

Basically you can follow

http://osdir.com/ml/encryption.kerberos.general/2004-11/msg00007.html

Markus

franz_hiltscher
Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for providing nice document on single signon Implementation.

However we are also looking at a scenario where the User information should come in to SAP via Active Directory. I know that this can be achieved via LDAP connector .

But my question is that is it possible to acheive this between windows based active directory and Linux based SAP Appl server ?

Is there any SAP solution to this or Is it necessary to have a third party tool to achieve this ? Please provide any information if any one of you have in this regard

Regards

Murali

AlbertVentosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you can:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/8302a929-0501-0010-05b5-d48f544bc572

( this guide is about CUA, but you can use for single system )

Answers (0)