cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Adapter pickup the file meanwhile the file is transfering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a follow problem: We transfer some big files manually in a ftp directory. If the adapter connect the directory concurrent as we transfer the file, he'll pick up the incomplete file and processed this. The problem is now, we get an error message in XI Monitoring. After this, we put the file form archive directory (same server) in the "normal" directory and the ftp adapter pick up the file, all is okay. My question is: It is possible, you can create a check or a parameter setting, if the file is complete transferred, first then could start the ftp adapter.

Remark: We increase and decrease the polling parameter and we're teseted with changing the paramter connect mode, without success.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

yesterday I sent an E-Mail to our SAP Consultant, he wrote back an SAP Note 821267. The parameter "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" is a good parameter to manage the problem. But I'm not sure it works well with ftp adapter.

As I found another Thread, which describe it:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that "Process read only files" is unchecked in the the file adapter configuration.

When this is enabled, this tells the adapter to pick up files that are locked by other applications.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can execute a shell script to change the file name of the completed file . So the job of script is to rename the complete file.And then give this file name in the File Adapter configuration.

Did you check the option of Read-Only Files ( if you are using NFS protocol) ? If so uncheck and try it..

Regards,

Moorthy

mitesh_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I think there is a setting on FILEADAPTER to check if file not being updated when adapter try to read this file. Right now I don't have access to system but I will check and let you know.

Regards,

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That setting is only in the receiver adapter, I believe, and not the sender adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send the file with a name that the adapter will not pick up, and then once the file is complete, change the name to the correct name?

That is how we handle this problem.