cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance on universe import from CMS database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are on Business Objects 3.1 and in the designer tool, I have created a new linked universe. This new linked universe is linked to another universe that is fairly large. The process of creating the linked universe went fine, but when we attempt to 'Import' the universe from the CMS database it can take upwards of 20 minutes to load, whereas loading the previous single universe took only about 3 minutes.

Is this behavior typical or expected or could there be something wrong with the setup, etc? Has anyone else experience this type of performance with a linked universe?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Business Objects 3.1 as well and I am currently working on Linked universes. My Linked Universe is failry large as well, but it is not taking 20 minutes to import. it hardly takes a minute. So, I'm guessing it might be setup..on your CMS Database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I had though about potential issues with the database, network, etc. However, while the import is happening the CMS database is barely registering any activity and the network traffic on the system running designer is very small. The designer process itself never consumes more than about 120 MB, with plenty of memory left on the system running designer. However CPU utilization by designer is almost 100%

I also noted that even re-opening the linked universe from the local disk also takes a long time.

Do you have any recommendations on checking configuration of the CMS database? We are using MS SQL Server.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have very limited knowledge on CMS Configuration issues. Last time when we had some issues, we[with my Admin] opened up a Ticket with Business Objects customer support and they worked with my Admin to setup few things.

Sorry!!