Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM DBMS

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Based on the MDM 7.1 installation guide on Unix (Oracle), the central system installation creates a new SAP system for MDM and installs the following instances on a single host: MDS, MDIS, MDSS. But before the MDS can handle data, you must install and configure the database.

Should the central installation of MDS, MDIS and MDSS be completely done before installing the database? Since the Oracle DB is not part of the central system installation, should a separate license be applied for it?

I have already checked the Master, Sizing, Installation guides and SAP notes on Further Notes about Installation of MDM 7.1, Release Notes and Release Restrictions. If you have other readings to recommend, I would really appreciate if you can share them with me.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello p213103 user

Should the central installation of MDS, MDIS and MDSS be completely done before installing the database?

No, because for creating repository users and it roles or inbound/outbound ports configuration used data from database

Since the Oracle DB is not part of the central system installation, should a separate license be applied for it?

Let ask SAP about it but if you already use Oracle DB license and Oracle Db installed - suppose no.

You can bye license for DBMS (oracle, ms sql , db2 ) and the use that dbms instance for work with SAP MDM

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Posted twice !!

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your very helpful answers! Although the referred document is for IBM DB2 instead of Oracle, I would assume that the same order will follow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have other readings to recommend, I would really appreciate if you can share them with me.

Please refer the below link for SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 with IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows

(Add-on to the MDM Installation Guides)

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001945942008E

Here in above document, you will see Setup MDM Server For a Central System Installation (Step1.2) followed after Set up the Database Server(Step1.1). So ideal approach: Central installation of MDS, MDIS and MDSS should be completed after installing the database.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini