Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use the authorization object while creating RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm able to create a RFC, can login from one sap system to another sap system and use the following FM. Here my concern is how to make the RFC more secure, i mean any user can access the target system with my login. Meanwhile came across a authorization object text box in the LOGON and SECURE tab while creating RFC.

so please put on light on how to authenticate the specific user to logon using the RFC.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Lalitkumar.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Usually for RFC connection will be done with the, user type system user type (means,they should not be able to login to system thru GUI)

2. Even if the user know the login id / password, he should have auth to create RFC like (SM59 and related auth objects)

and even for remote connection also we have different auth to restrict

3. These type of authorization will be given to basis guys only.

4. Logon/Security

Lang-En

Client-` client no

user- user

Password - bw password.

Here you will be specfying the user id ( system type) / password for connecting from one system to another.

and in next tab you can do Test connection.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a08fbe33-0501-0010-2d9c-fb37e9795...

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Lalit

Trusted RFC connection is required, give user credentials in u201CLogon/Securityu201D tab

Sri