cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cange AFS category structure after using in material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We use AFS.

Is it possible to add characteristics into category structure after assigning coverage strategy and using it in material?

I have tried to do it few times and got different results (ok/error) !!!

I am going to use 2-4 characteristics but 2 of them are not defined completely. And if it is possible I would like to include only 2 caracteristics into structure and add 1 or 2 in few mounth.

Thank you for help.

Andrey Garshin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answer. It is helpfull.

Please give me link to source of your information.

As I suppose It is possible and harmless to add category into structure even after using in meterial if categiry has 'blank' as allowed value. In that case all old data will assumes as blank for new category. Is it correct ?

Andrey Garshin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure but you can try it.

If you you using category only in material master and no transactional data exit then make that material non AFS(Standard) then change the category and can make that material AFS again.

Regards,

Vishal

sudha_naik
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrey

Once the Category Structure is locked and used in Material Master, transactional data could exist in the system related to the category values. Modifying the Category Structure by adding new fields will lead to database inconsistencies. Hence it is not advisable to change the Category Structure once it is locked and used in materials.

If the Category Structure is locked and is not used in any of the materials, there is no harm in modifying it. Still the Coverage Strategy will have to be redefined for this new field to be part of the Coverage strategy.

Regards

Sudha