cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat a new change request always when a new package test is created.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing or not a possible problem in our Solman 7.0 EHP1 support package 22. We're trying to open a new package test in our production environment. Always has been asked me by system to creat a new change request. So in our case the mandator option is not available in production invironment.

My question is:

Is necessary to open mandator option in this case or are there other option to create a new package test whitout create a new change request?

Has anyone experience by solving this problem or some useful SAP note?

Att,

Warlei.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for advanced in your answer. So, what we needs to know is about: Is really necessary to be this "pop-pup" prd solman? or iprd environment is possible don't asked me about this "pop" when create a new Package Test Plan.

Best Regards,

Warlei.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends upon the client settings you have in solman prd

normally its not recommended to do the changes in PRD directly but you can save in local object in your case.

I suggest you to go for Solman dev due to multiple reasons like

training of users

upgrades for solman and testing for various functionalities

and many more

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

0 Kudos

Hi,

let me explain more details what is happens in our QAS environment:

1) Open STWB_2 transaction;

2) Creat e new test plan;

3) After confirm "Generate test plan", you can see a new screen open to: "Creat object Directory Entry" with two options to save "Local Object" or "Lock Overview";

For me, the third step is about to creat a new change request. So we need to know if is this necessary, or I can disable this necessity to generate a request always.

Is necessary to creat a new request in production environment? Or we can disable it?

Regards,

Warlei.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This pop came to store the Test Plan in a Test Package if yo have mullitple solution manager system like

solman dev

solman qa

solman prd

then this is very useful ..and you can transport the test plan with packages etc.

Hope your doubt is clarified.

Regards

Prakhar

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Sorry, I don't really understand the problem.

Can you please try giving an example like "I enter transaction ABCD , open document 123456, then click button xxxxx"?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ