Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated xml schema not reflected in Import Manager and Syndicator

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a perfectly running MDM scenario using custom XML schema for import and syndication. I have now updated the schema by adding a couple of fields to the schema and uploaded the new schema to MDM using Console - Admin - XML Schemas, and we have added the same fields in the repository. However, when I open Import Manager or Syndicator the xml schema is not updated, it is still showing the old version without the new fields. The fields added to the repository show up just fine.

I have searched around the forum and it suggests I actually have to re-create manually all mappings with the new schema?! I cannot believe this is really necessary and would mean massive amounts of work.

I have tried to export old maps and create new map with new schema. Then the new fields show up, but when I import the previously exported map the old schema returns and the new fields disappear.

Any help with this seemingly very odd behavior is very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>re-create manually all mappings with the new schema

Yes, that is what you need to do.

Uploading the XML schema in Console is mainly a placeholder, it not not synced with Import Manager or Syndicator schema at runtime.

You have to re-create all the XML maps manually again. i Understand this is not the best way but thats the way it works for now

Thanks

Aamir

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth, Aamir

the statement

> Uploading the XML schema in Console is mainly a placeholder, it not not synced with Import Manager or Syndicator schema at runtime.

is not completely true. You have to differentiate the MDM version and the tools:

MDM 7.1 Import Manager: uses the actual XSD of MDM Console

MDM 7.1 Syndicator: stores the XSD as part of the map and disregards the one in MDM Console

MDM 5.5 Import Manager: stores the XSD as part of the map and disregards the one in MDM Console

MDM 5.5 Syndicator: stores the XSD as part of the map and disregards the one in MDM Console

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

>>MDM 7.1 Import Manager: uses the actual XSD of MDM Console

So this means updating the XSD in Console will update the XSD in Import Map, is that correct?

>>MDM 7.1 Syndicator: stores the XSD as part of the map and disregards the one in MDM Console

Are there any plans to have the same functionality for Syndicator as well? If yes, from which SP we can expect these changes.

Thanks

Aamir

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, Aamir

Points given, although the answer was not what I was hoping for:) As we are running version 5.5 we then need to re-create all mappings...

I really hope this is fixed in future SP's also for Syndicator as I think this should be basic functionality in any mapping/integration tool dealing with XML schemas.

Br,

Kenneth

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I fully agree, on 5.5. it is a hard job to do. Unfortunately I don't have any info, if Syndicator will be enabled to use the current XSD from Console in the next releases...

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

If its a different schema file, you have to create a new map. That is how it is.

The old map will not updated with the new schema.

Thanks,

Priti