cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0: no service agent when creating service request or service order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'd like to use service orders items in SRM 7.0, that is, request external staff directly through a PO. We are not using SUS. The purchaser or purch. assistant should be able to create an item of type 'Service Order'. So far, I am able to create such an item and to select a supplier from the list, but I can't get the system to display any service agent.

I replicated the vendor from the backend system.

I set the bidder flag in the business partner and maintained a (backend) product category for this bidder.

I set the allow surrogate bidding flag (don't know whether this is necessary)

I included the vendor into a supplier list for the relevant product category

All this is necessary in order for the vendor to show up as a possible source of supply when creating the service order item.

Now,

I additionally created a contact person for the vendor (through the Web GUI)

I set the flags contact person and service agent

I did the same but this time linking an SU01 user with the contact person. I tried assigning several roles to this user, including, but not limited to, /SAPSRM/SUS_SERVICE_AGENT.

I even tried setting the SRM system as a EBP_SUS system in the landscape configuration (I first tried with LOCAL).

Still no service agent would show up when clicking on 'Add/Remove Service Agent'

Does anybody know what I'm missing, doing wrong or incorrectly assuming?

Thanks

t7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tangram,

I found the non-ability to find service-agents in service orders and service requests strange aswell. While there indeed is the ability to create service agents for a vendor it can not find these service agents. From what we concluded this most probably is due to not having SUS configured which includes service agents aswell. [SAP help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/fb/6d18850b3d4ba2a94766ff2a509fca/frameset.htm] didn't clearify anything either.

This is something we might want to post an OSS message for. Because i think you're right, the service agents in SRM should come up.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, unfortunately it is more often than none that the SAP documentation is very vague regarding what are the prerequisites for a given functionality or in which scenario it is really available. I guess I could debug the code and find out what's happening, but debugging SRM 7.0 with the NWBC (Business Client) seems to be impossible; as soon as you put an external breakpoint a short dump is generated. So I'm afraid I'll have to open an OSS message as well.

Thanks and regards

t7

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

did you try like this

Note 1174423 - Business partner is invalid for Employee as Service Agent

You create an Employee for Business Partner using 'Manage Business Partner' BBPMAININT transaction. You mark the Employee as 'Service Agent' and save the Employee. Now if you try to edit the Business Partner in transaction BBPMAININT the system prompts the message 'Business partner XXXX is invalid'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

The note does not apply to SRM 7.0. I don't there there excists an applicable note for this issue.

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI

it is just hint.

on service agent data .

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, does anybody know what steps are necessary for getting service agents available when requesting external staff?

I am able to select vendors/bidders as source of supply and to create contact persons/service agent for them, but the service agents are not available when requesting external staff. Any idea?

Thanks

t7