Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to create PO, All material not listed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am trying to give authorization for create, change and display Purchase Order to a user. We have one role that gives this authorization and assigned transactions ME21N, ME22N and ME23N. User is able to create PO but the problem is that user is not getting all materials listed in Material Selection menu. I am not able to find option to get all materials in the list. Plz. help.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Did run the trace su53 or ST01?

2. In search list only display first 250 materials is displayed. Did you change this number during selection? Otherwise only 250 materials is displayed.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Priya,

Easy way to find out whether it is security issue or not.

Create a role with same transaction & give full access (i.e full access to org levels & for open fields (yellow once)). generate it & do user comparsion and try to test with test id.

if still you are not able to see materials in menu section then approach the developers

Thanks,

Sri

birendra_chatterjee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not too sure about your question. What do You mean by a material selection menu.

Do You mean to say, when an user tries to create a PO, and tries filling up the line items, he presses a F4 on the material, to get the list of all materials, he can choose from, and he is not able to get the list of all materials.

If this is the case, then the issue has to do with the no. of hits (this is defaulted as 500 in the system). You have to delete this to get the entire list of materials (Keep in mind, this will give a max of 5000 entries in the list).

Regards,

Birendra