cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing the Usage Decision in transaction QA32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

While doing the goods receipt for customer returns from customer, system generated a inspection lot with inspection type 06.

So in QA32 transaction, system is showing that inspection lot, but in same screen, against the column InspPlan: Material, system is not showing any entry.

Later on after analysis, i found that no inspection plan was assinged to the material, Plant for which that inspection lot was created. When i checked that inpection lot in transaction QA03, in Insp. Specifications tab, agaisnt the Assigned Specification section, system was not showing any entry in fields Group, Group Counter, Plant, Usage.

And against that inspection lot,status CRTD, PREQ, CHCR are active.

Because of which, when user is trying to do the UD against this lot system throwing the error message as Status check error.

When i checked again i found that status CRTD is throwing the error message.

Hence friend, i want to do the Usage decision for that inspection lot than how to do?

Now user has assigned the material, plant to the inspection plan in QP02.

Should i go to QA02 transaction, and in Insp. Specification tab, for fields group, group counter, usage, Plant, maintain the values?

Will this allow me to do the usage decision against the inspection lot which got generated when no inspection plan was assingned to that material, plant?

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Inspection plan must have to created on or before the date of lot creation, ie, back dated plan.Otherwise, it wont be picked up in QA02 and status will remain CRTD, not REL.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am closing this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be several reasons

1.Check the status of the task list

2.Check the usage of the task list & it should match with usage in QA02

3.Now the Date of Creation of task list( validity date) should be prior to that of creation of inspection lot.

Now try to attach the task list.

Will this allow me to do the usage decision against the inspection lot which got generated when no inspection plan was assingned to that material, plant?

Either you have to remove the "check char " tick in QM view( from next inspection lot) or You have to create the task list with validity date prior to that of inspection lot creation and attach the same.

former_member796452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For Result Recording and Ud the inspection lot status must be REL as u told ur status is CRTD it Mean Some master

is missing in inspection lot,generally inspection plan for that u run QA02 enter inspection lot no go to specification tab

there a button assigned specification there click on that as u click on button u will find that plan for above material copied to lot and it will show u plan detail line group and group counter no.

then go to next screen Sample if sample management is active and click on sample then system will calculate sample size then save ur lot. it would get Status As REL now ui can enter result or take UD

for QM setting Refer

http://sap-questions.blogspot.com/

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jitendra,

In Transaction QA02, enter the inspection lot and press enter,

Click Inspection specification tab, change key date to current date.

Click Tasklist/Specification Icon. (Flower like)

Click Samples tab sheet and click Smpl Icon.

Save the Inspection Lot.

Now the Inspection lot would get released status and you can perform the QM processing as usual.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Just now i checked , lot created on 01/06/2010. Where as inspection plan for other materials which was created on 21/04/2005, assigned to the material,plant in which this inspection lot was created, on 06/06/2010.

Hence in inspection lot,system is not showing the group, group counter, usage and Plant.

Should i manually assign this in QA02?

Will this allow me to do the usage decision?

Thanks and Regards,

Jitendra

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QA02 you want to manually change the key date to today's date. Then click on the specifications tab. The plan you assinged now should be added to the lot. Click on sample and the sample size should be calculated. Save the lot.

Now process the lot like you normally would, i.e. record results, and make UD.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

My fellow colleagues have shown you the perfect way to correct your problem. I am just showing you another one. In QA32, go to the tab inspection lot. there is a tab inside "insp spec". There click once on task list/spec. Task list will be taken.Go to the next tab "sample". Click once on sample, sample will be calculated. Save the lot. come back to QA32 lot screen. Refresh. CRTD will become REL.