Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: JMS - XI - RFC.

We got a mapping error:

<b>Cannot produce target element /ns0:ZBAPI_AUDIT_LOG_UPDATE. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.</b>

Same BAPI is used in other scenarios and it works fine.

Mapping was also not at all complicated.

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The best way to solve it would be to debug it by disabling all loops and then testing each loop one be one from top to bottom on target side. Also check if there is any nested loop on the target side where it is 1...unbounded. I had earlier come across a similar scenario in my mapping where the nested loop on the target side is 1...unbounded and in the input data , there is no data in the first context.The map would then error, if there is no data before the first context change.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen

It clearly says your source and target messages are not the same. You will get this error if both the xml structures are not matched. Hence go through once again so that your structures are the same.

If it doesnot resolve your issue let us know the source and the target structures.

Regards,

---Satish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

all you need to do it to check the mapping like this:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

and you'll see where your mapping is not correctly defined

as this has to be the case

nothing more, nothing less:)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I followed the blog and I tested it. I am getting the same error.

But when I give the values for each field, test was sucessful.

-Naveen.