cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a debit memo request with reference to an invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An invoice shows wrong MWST value because of incorrect customer tax classification as Tax exempt. I corrected the cust tax classification to "Liable for Tax". Then I tried to create a debit memo request with reference to the incorrect invoice. Thats a requirement by the customer. Invoices with incorrect VAT are not to be cancelled. A specially created VAT only sales order (Debit memo request) is used to create a sales order with 0 net value and correct MWST . But while trying to create the debit memo request, the system picks up the same old condition record for the MWST. How to overcome this situation ?

The copy control for the item category from billing doc to debit memo request is set to "B" that is new pricing. I even tried to update pricing. But it does not work. Changing the Service rendered date or the pricing date to current date also does not help.

Please help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Please try with Pricing type G in the copy controls.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I am not sure if I am understanding your issue and if others will. How can you create a debit memo request with 0 value but still expect MWST to calculate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is working fine. What I did was

1: create a new pricing procedure

2: made the PR00 condition statistical

3: using a routine calculate the MWST based on the PR00. But PR00 itself does not contribute to the net value. This part is working fine. I could create debit memos successfully.

The problem is if we change either the customer or the material tax classification after creating the invoice, and then create a debit request with reference to the incorrect invoice, the system still considers the old tax classfication and therefore the old MWST rate. If I create a debit request without reference, the new rate is applicable.

I hope I have made clear.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the copy controls from Invoice to Debit memo , at the header level , for 2nd Data T - use a custom routine to determine the cust tax classification from customer master data .

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai.

And a similar routine has to be developed at the item level copy controls for the material master tax classification to be taken from the material master data. Right ?

Is there no other way besides developing a custom routine?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found out a way to overcome the problem. In the sales order (debit memo request), we can change the tax classfication by going to the header > billing > alt tax classification or item > billing > tax classification. This forces the system to pick the correct condition record.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.