cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatible NWDI and NWDS version for PI EHP1 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which NWDS and NWDI version will be compatible with SAP Netweaver PI 7.11(PI EHP1).

Also want to know the jdk version for NWDS and java for NWDI to be used on PI server EHP1.

I am currently using NWDS 7.0 CE7.1(uses jdk 1.5.0_11) and NWDI 7.0 SP14(uses java 1.4.2_17) for PI 7.10.

Please suggest.

Thank You.

Regards,

Reinuka.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinuka,

General rule of thumb is to use the same version, for NWDS and SAP components checked in to the track, as the run time system the application is supposed to run on is using.

In your case this would be NW 7.11 with the same Service PAck as your PI system.

On client side things are pretty easy. It is not a problem to install different version of NWDS and Java SDK in parallel.

On NWDI its no problem either, but it is a little bit more complicated.

First thing you have to do is to update your NWDI. As far as I know NWDI can work together with 7.11 (deploy controller instead of SDM...) system beginning with NW 7.0 SP15. So I would suggest to go for SP21 (the latest available) at the moment.

You have to configure CBS to be able to handle both JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.5. I would advice not to use the SUN or IBM JDK 1.5 for CBS. Instead use the SAP JDK delivered with NW 7.1...

You can find more details about the configuration in this howto guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be3417810...

Kind Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for the reply...m in process of changing the NWDI..

Just want an explaination on how can we get the SAP JDK from NW7.1 as mentioned by you below

"You have to configure CBS to be able to handle both JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.5. I would advice not to use the SUN or IBM JDK 1.5 for CBS. Instead use the SAP JDK delivered with NW 7.1..."

Regards,

Reinuka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinuka,

you can find the SAP JVM of your PI system at: /sapmnt/<SID>/exe/jvm or you can get it from SWDC in SMP. Maybe downloading the newest version from SWDC is the better idea.

Just serach for - jvm - in Search for Support Packages and Patches search and choose SAP JVM 5.1..

Have a good time

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply once again.

At present, the NWDI version is NWDI 7.0 SP14.

Will it support 7.11 components?

Regards,

Reinuka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinuka,

The guide I send you states as follows:

This feature to deploy the changes to NW CE 7.1 servers is supported since NWDI NW7.0 SPS13

Deploy mechanism in CE 7.11 is not different so your NWDi should support CD 7.11. But you are really running a very old Sp Stack here on your DI.

Although maybe not required, a SP update won't harm your installation if done right

Kind regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I have got my NWDI upgraded.

Do I need to delete an already existing track and create it again after upgradation?

Or the track will get refreshed automatically on upgradation?

Any restart required for NWDI server?

Thank You.

Regards,

Reinuka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinuka,

you upgraded to SP21 right?

Tracks and the SP Stack of the NWDI are completely separated from each other. So you do not have to delete tracks and recreate them.

If your track is for NW7.11 it has completely different components anyway. If you did your upgrade to Sp21 with JSPM you do not have to do any restarts manually to activate anything. JSPM will restart the J2EE if needed.

Have a good time

Jan