cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Upgradation SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Upgrading SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode System to SCM 5.1 Non-unicode on Windows 2003 Server with MSS 2005 DB. During the initial PREPARE (EXTRACTKRN_PRE) phase I am getting an error like

> init

>> 2010/06/15 07:03:45 PREPARE: START OF PHASE EXTRACTKRN_PRE

ERROR: Cannot find file 'C:\SCM_2007_Upgrade_Media\51033508_8\NW_7.0_SR3_Kernel_WINDOWS__LNX_X86\KN_WINDOWS_X86_64_AUPG
KERNEL.TOC'

SEVERE ERROR(S) OCCURRED IN EXTRACTKRN_PRE !!!

The file name it is looking for does not exist in any of the Kernel versions I have checked. If I try to skip this step it is asking for the PASSWORD. How can I get this password? (only from SAP Support or any note?).

What is the Solution for the above ERROR. Please help.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just shorten the paths - closed.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stop posting the same question in several forums

This is against the rules.

Abuse button pressed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus-

I am not posting the question in the same group. I am posting in different groups due the confusion of in which group to post and of course to get faster response. All people cant check all the groups to answer. Moreover I am not keeping the questions open. As soon as I get the answer I am proving the answer in every group and immediately closing the question.

So what is the problem with that? I do not think this is creating any inconvenience to any one, just increasing the number of questions in the group.

OK, As you said If I post only in a single group do you guarantee that you will check every time all the groups to answer my question/ find my question?

If yes. I will stop right away. And please paste the URL of those rules that this is wrong. Since I didnt read that.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus-

I am not posting the question in the same group. I am posting in different groups due the confusion of in which group to post and of course to get faster response. All people cant check all the groups to answer. Moreover I am not keeping the questions open. As soon as I get the answer I am proving the answer in every group and immediately closing the question.

So what is the problem with that? I do not think this is creating any inconvenience to any one, just increasing the number of questions in the group.

OK, As you said If I post only in a single group do you guarantee that you will check every time all the groups to answer my question/ find my question?

If yes. I will stop right away. And please paste the URL of those rules that this is wrong. Since I didnt read that.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus-

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is against the rules.

Abuse button pressed.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos