cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

If purchase order is already created and after that i am activating inspection, inspection lot will be generated for that po or not?If not, what can be done to generate the lots for those POs also?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Material Mgt-->Purchasing>Purchase Order->define screen layout at document level>select ME21n->select GR/IR control->Quality inspection->make it "Display"

This is best way to achieve your objective

You can not really change the human behavior rest you can do is force through system to do it......

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the inspection type is activated for the material after P.O Creation ,No inspection lot will be generated in goods receipt,even if you change the stock type to QUALITY in Purchase order.

Like wise ,If you change the stock type UNRESTRICTED in P.O (Inspection type is activated before P.O creation)the Inspection lot will be generated in Goods receipt.

Manoj.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my under standing though u have activated inspection type after PO creation lot will get generated only after MIGO good receipt.

Regards

SANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

No...........Master data is always populated from PO.If inspection setup not active then lot will not be created during MIGO .

check Stock type in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sujit,

i have observed the same thing.

if quality is active, while creation of PO, MM person is changing stock type to unrestricted from quality.How can I restrict him to do so?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a PO is outstanding when inspection is activated, existing PO's will not be updated and when MIGO is done, the material will not create an inspection lot and will not go to quality stock. You can manually update these PO's and this should be part of the steps for activating the 01 inspection type for a material.

If an MM person changes the PO to unrestricted from quality he/she should be warned the first time and fired the second time. No one else will make the same mistake. Off hand I don't know of a way to restrict this via security. You might want to post this same question in the security forum.

The only option I could suggest is to set up an audit tracking of the field. Then have the system notified someone if that field is ever changed by a user and not the sytem.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to Material Mgt-->Purchasing>Purchase Order->define screen layout at document level>select ME21n->select GR/IR control->Quality inspection->make it "Display"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Inspection lot is generetaed upon MIGO, not PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,