cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Webdynpro cannot display value help, combo box properly in IE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WDA expert,

I have problem developing webdynpro in NW 7.0 EHP1 SPS02. All the combo box, value help, drop down input did not properly display using IE 7.0 / 8.0. It is something like create another blank input beside the original object.

but everything ok if i am using mozilla firefox.

I am not sure what is the problem with this.

Please help.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

How about my latest finding below :

Base on my latest investigation seems like those 3 success server PIQ, ECD and ECQ always download this file ls_ie6.nosprite.css in the internet temporary directory, but then no for PID.

is that any idea or suggestion that i can try to solve this problem. it seems like some configuration was missing for the standard theme in PID.

i have tested also in others machine that using IE7 also having the same problem. IE8 fine for others 3 server that provide ls_ie6.nosprite.css.

is that any configuration required ?

Please advise.

Fernand

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sounds like PIQ, ECD and ECQ perhaps have in-line CSS turned off and PID has in-line CSS turned on. You might try deactiving in-line CSS on PID:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Or via the central parameters in WDA Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your solution. Finally i manage to display the page correctly.

But not sure whether is the proper configuration.

I have 2 solution either one of them :

1. Change theme to sap_chrome in stead of default theme (WDTHEMEROOT = /sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_chrome/). or

2. Turn off inline css in the WDA parameter ( WDINLINECSS = blank ). ---> still using standard theme.

I have checked in the others 3 server all global configuration inline css = on (true). but i cannot use in PID. so i need to turn off the inline css then i can display the correct output.

Please give some comment may be you can see something was not setup properly ?

Fernand Lesmana

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Very interesting. I'm suprised that the inline CSS settings wasn't the same between the systems. Changing the theme fixing the problem makes it seem like a CSS file might be missing from the default theme. That would be pretty odd. I'm not exactly sure how that would happen - especially just on one system if they are all at the same release and SP level.

For now if turning off inline CSS fixes things, that's the way I would go. This is a transparent performance related feature. No one will really know the difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am agree with you. since this is a development server so i can still continue with this approach. so before transport to QA i can either turn on or just leave it like the current settings.

Fernand Lesmana

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>so before transport to QA i can either turn on or just leave it like the current settings.

Are you controlling this setting at the application level? Why not set it globally via the WD Application WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS? That way you don't have to change any application level settings before transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am facing this issue where in the value help pop up, the arrows of the vertical scroll bar are "squashed" and therefore we are not able to scroll. This is working fine in IE but not in chrome. We are on latest version of chrome.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have tried before to change in the WD_GLOBAL_SETTING but i am not able to save.

I manage to open and un tick the inline css option, but then nothing happen after i click the save button. Every time i refresh the page the config back to the original.

Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I have tested in QA environment and it is working fine. Both system having the same support package level.

Is that any way to referesh Webdynpro Cache in SICF / SMICM ?

I am using standard SAP demo WDR_TEST_SELECT_OPTIONS. All the combo box, value help looks funny, the button become longer like input.

Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the IE version you are using in QA environment?

just for your reference, follow this [Blog for Clearing Cache in Portal|/people/tobias.hofmann/blog/2010/06/14/how-to-clear-the-sap-portal-cache ]

Thanks and Regards

Chaitanya.A

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you using the Portal? The other poster in this thread seems to think so, but I don't see anything in your postings to indicate that. IE7 is supported on your release/SP level. IE8 is not supported until SPS5.

I would recommend clearing your browser cache and the server side cache. For the server side cache go to transaction SMICM and choose Administration->ICM->Exit Hard->Global.

Are you using a standard or customized theme?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernand

You mentioned that the problem in with IE 7.0 and IE 8.0, Sorry to say Portal is not 100% supported with these 2 versions of IE, need to wait for some more time.

Best version suited for Portal is IE 6.0

Thanks and Regards

Chaitanya.A

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Fernand

>

> You mentioned that the problem in with IE 7.0 and IE 8.0, Sorry to say Portal is not 100% supported with these 2 versions of IE, need to wait for some more time.

>

> Best version suited for Portal is IE 6.0

>

> Thanks and Regards

> Chaitanya.A

Where exactly are you getting your information from - because it is quite incorrect. Check the PAM on the Service Marketplace. For NetWeaver 7.01 both the portal and the Web Dynpro rendering are supported on IE6 and IE7. IE8 support is made available as of SPS5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thank you for updating and sorry for improper answer.

Thanks and Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your response, But i am still not able to solve the problem. Let me give you more detail information regarding this issue.

are you using the Portal? The other poster in this thread seems to think so, but I don't see anything in your postings to indicate that. IE7 is supported on your release/SP level. IE8 is not supported until SPS5.

=> I am not using portal it is just normal test from SAP GUI. I am using IE 8.0.6001.18702. So far i have tested the sample webdynpro "WDR_TEST_SELECT_OPTIONS" to 4 different server (PID, PIQ, ECD, ECQ) all using the same version NW 7.0 EHP 1 SPS02. (i have check for ABAP and BASIS package). The problem only occur in PID (Initially the icm service is not start so i use transaction SICF to start the webdynpro service) not sure if there is missing java script library ?

Please refer in this link for the different result screen capture below:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/pisuper/WDA_DEV.jpg --> error in PID

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/pisuper/WDA_QA.jpg -

> success in PIQ, ECD, ECQ

I would recommend clearing your browser cache and the server side cache. For the server side cache go to transaction SMICM and choose Administration->ICM->Exit Hard->Global.

I have restarted the whole server and i did again from SMICM. But still having the same problem like in the screen capture.

Are you using a standard or customized theme?

I am using standard theme base on demo "WDR_TEST_SELECT_OPTIONS"

Base on my latest investigation seems like those 3 success server PIQ, ECD and ECQ always download this file ls_ie6.nosprite.css in the internet temporary directory, but then no for PID.

is that any idea or suggestion that i can try to solve this problem. it seems like some configuration was missing for the standard theme in PID

Fernand Lesmana

Edited by: Fernand Lesmana on Jun 16, 2010 3:52 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Earlier you said you were using IE7/IE8. Now you list IE 8.0.6001.18702. Please note that IE8 is not offically supported until SPS5 on the release level that you are using.

Looking at your screen shots it does appear that something is wrong with the value help display next to the input fields. I would normally think that some MIME file is not corretly loading, but I would expect to see some other rendering problems. If you just actived the ICM in this system, make sure all the required WD SICF nodes have been activated. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to tell you. If you can replicate this problem in IE7, then you can enter a support ticket. However if the problem only exists in IE8, you can't enter a support ticket for something that isn't supported until a later SPS level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

How about my latest finding below :

is that any idea or suggestion that i can try to solve this problem. it seems like some configuration was missing for the standard theme in PID.

i have tested also in others machine that using IE7 also having the same problem. IE8 fine for others 3 server that provide ls_ie6.nosprite.css.

is that any configuration required ?

Please advise.

Fernand