Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How user trace the message created in Satellite System

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

I'm using Servide Desk in my company. Just wondering how user can trace the progress of the message created where email notification is not configured.

Remember when user send/save the message, there's a message number created. Just wonder any center/ transaction code user can trace the progress and have a visible view on the message ON THE SATELLITE System, not in SOLMAN.

Thanks,

NIcholas Chang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI All,

>

> I'm using Servide Desk in my company. Just wondering how user can trace the progress of the message created where email notification is not configured.

>

> Remember when user send/save the message, there's a message number created. Just wonder any center/ transaction code user can trace the progress and have a visible view on the message ON THE SATELLITE System, not in SOLMAN.

>

> Thanks,

> NIcholas Chang

Hello Nicholas

You can give the end user a link to the workcenter for Incident Management. Through this link the user can check all the messages that he has created.

As of now there is no mechanism on the satellite systems to check the messages. A Workcenter link is ideal for the end user to check his messages.

Regards

Amit

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit Devale

Thanks for the helpful answer. I've reseached on work center in SMP, sdn and SPRO and i have a question.

If message is created on Satellite system, can the end user in the satellite system monitor his/her message status when they login to work center in SOLMAN?

If yes, how does it link?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Amit Devale

>

> Thanks for the helpful answer. I've reseached on work center in SMP, sdn and SPRO and i have a question.

>

> If message is created on Satellite system, can the end user in the satellite system monitor his/her message status when they login to work center in SOLMAN?

>

> If yes, how does it link?

>

> Hope to hear from you soon.

>

> Cheers,

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Nicholas Chang

Hi Nocholas,

The working principle of the workcenter is simple.

Every user in the satellite system will have a associated Business Partner in Solution Manager. So when the end user accesses the Workcenter, All the messages which the user has created ( based on the BP of the user and correlating it with the Reported by field ) messages are presented to him / her under "My Messages".

The End user also has a chance to update the message if he / she has anything to add to the message.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

If end users have been declared as users in Solution Manager and assigned to a business partner, they can log on to SolMan and monitor their messages from Incident Management workcenter.

They can access the workcenter with this url :

http://

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Stéphane.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the reply. Yes, user can keep track the message create at the work center URL.

Also, i just wondering is every user able to create message in Satellite System under Help -> Create Message? According to the SOLMAN Security Guide, it mention user with role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE are able to create message but i've and created and tested with a restricted profile user without SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE role, and it still manage to create message.

Any advise?

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is anyone know what's the program/ function to modify in CRM_DNO_MONITOR -> Support Team -> F4 Help screen ??

When an Employee click on Support Employee -> F4 screen, he can see all the employee user. However, i want only the User Input Selection Help Screen show only the Support Team (where i've assigned in Organization Structure) instead of all user (Employee Role).

Any idea on how to perform this?

Cheers,

Nicholas

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

this is standard f4 help you need to go for development for this

transaction is CRMD_ORDER not crm_dno_monitor which actually just display the tickts list

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What standard F4 help screen should i modify and from where should i start? Could you please enlighten me on what function or program that this F4 help screen bind to? I need to know the function/program in order for my abaper to work on this.

Also, i just wondering is every user able to create message in Satellite System under Help -> Create Message? According to the SOLMAN Security Guide, it mention user with role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE are able to create message but i've and created and tested with a restricted profile user without SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE role, and it still manage to create message.

I've completed the SOLMAN SD setup and currently tryin to fine tune it.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nicholas

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> What standard F4 help screen should i modify and from where should i start? Could you please enlighten me on what function or program that this F4 help screen bind to? I need to know the function/program in order for my abaper to work on this.

>

> Also, i just wondering is every user able to create message in Satellite System under Help -> Create Message? According to the SOLMAN Security Guide, it mention user with role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE are able to create message but i've and created and tested with a restricted profile user without SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE role, and it still manage to create message.

>

> I've completed the SOLMAN SD setup and currently tryin to fine tune it.

>

> Your help is very much appreciated.

>

> Thanks!

> Nicholas

Hi Nicholas

If you are using a "Named" user instead of the Trusted Relationship in the RFC maintained in BCOS_CUST for entry OSS_MSG then this is quite possible. In this case the "Named" user will be used to call the interface to create message and the calling user ie the end user creating the ticket will only be used as "Reporter" of the message.

Regards

Amit

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks 😃

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

i dont think you have seen below guide it shows screeshot step by step for key user to work in Service Desk Workcenter

Also you can see all the SAP Created variant under my messages with each status values so it ans ur query of key user being monitoring.

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000536672008E.DOC

(SMP Login req)

Just check this doc it will ans ur query completely

Regards

Prakhar

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicholas

if you re interested in such funvctionality you can ask a developer to do a z report in satellite that does that.

Its pretty simple. In order to open a support message the lines below will be helful

CALL FUNCTION 'CRM_1O_CALL_FOREIGN'

EXPORTING

iv_ui_method = 'ORDER'

iv_process_mode = 'C'

iv_header_guid = lv_order_guid

iv_full_order_functionality = 'X'

EXCEPTIONS

error_occurred = 1

read_order_failed = 2

create_order_failed = 3

OTHERS = 4.

lv_order_guid beeing the technical id of the ticket (not the number sent back on the pop-up after creation)

Link between pop up nb and guid is findable in table CRMD_ORDERADM_H of Solman

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

User can not trace evolution of message from satellite system; because the only thing that the message creation does from the satellite system is calling an RFC Function Modul in Solman that creates an SLF1 and an SLFN/ZLFN

With no mail notifications and no z program in satellite system user won't be aware of message status in Solman.

PS: There is no document created in satellite system when support message is created !

In order to set notifications into service desk process you can take a look to this great blog:

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

Regards,

Khalil