cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract with 1 'material' item without a real product, what's the use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Whenever one created a contract from an RFx/Auction it will create a contract including an item of type 'material'. Although the itemtype is 'material' no real material from any internal catalog has been assigned. In the search of a source of supply this contract item can not be used for free-text requirements.

Where can these contract-items be used for? Are they of any use as a source-of-supply somewhere/somehow?

Kind regards,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

question not clear.

1 .if you create a contract for material and contract can be utilised for only that material as source of supply.

2. if you create a product category contract, we can use this contract for all materials which belongs to oneproduct category.

contract mm 1234 -( COMPUTER -product category ) contract 54000000012 /1 - only use for this material

contract COMPUTER PRODUCT CATEGORY can be used for material 1234 to 1999 -54000000012 /2

MUTHU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

We create/generate the contract from an RFx/Auction (converted bid). This generates/converts the requirement line-item into a material contract line-item. However no real/actual material is included. This does not generate any error so from my perspective it is allowed to create a contract-lineitem of type 'material' without an actual material (material/product field empty).

My question: What's the use of such a contract, a contractlineitem of type 'material' without an actual material can not be used as a source of supply. Is that assumption correct or is a contractlineitem of type 'material' without an actual material/product usefull as a SOS or maybe something else?

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However no real/actual material is included. - really ?

This does not generate any error so from my perspective it is allowed to create a contract-lineitem of type 'material' without an actual material (material/product field empty) - really

for example mm 12345 -COMPUTERS PRODUCT CATEGORY.i created BI and accepted a bid from 2 vendors and contract must created for 12345 material right?

Is contract created as PRODUCT CATEGORY(ITEM CAREGORY) COMPUTERS ?- Is product category contract created for you?.

12345 - MM price is 125.00 USD

COMPUTER -125.00 USD CREATED AS PRODUCT CATEGORY CONTRACT WITHOUT UOM.

give more information to understand .

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I do not know if you still remember the discussion we already had on this matter: [;. But it's the contract generated from this scenario that i'm wondering about if it's of any use. Can we use such a contract lineitem as a source of supply, since from what i've tested it isn't listed in any way via the 'propose source of supply' functionality.

I'm would like to know whether the following contract can or can not be used as a source of supply:

Contract xxx

Contractitem, description: IT service, itemtype: material, productcategory: 009, price: 5 etc. (note: Not a real material is assigned).

Note: We get these contracts because they are automatically generated from converting a bid response (standard sap behaviour, customer message posted). However i'm wondering if we can somehow utilize these generated contracts as a valid SOS. Actually i'm trying to figure out what SAP has been thinking with there RFx -> Contract scenario, what's the use of material-items without an actual material??

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought - since COCO item type is only relevant for contract (COmmodity COntract is where the name came from), would it be possible that you "convert" this type of free text material item in RFx Response to COCO item type in the follow-on Contract via implementation of BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for BBP_CTR_CHANGE method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I think that would be a definite and interesting possibility. Allthough i still feel it's a bit out of the ordinary that by default all requirement items are converted into 'material' items that can not be used as a source of supply via the 'propose source of supply' functionlaity. Thank you for elaborating.

I have one more think we might want to consider aswell. Since I feel a maybe more easy solution could be adding the possibility of searching for these contracts to the 'propose source of supply' functionility since the contract containing a material seems to be a valid SOS (you can add it manually by typing the contract in the contract field manually in the SOCO). Is there any badi/solution available for expanding the search of SOS for the 'propose source of supply' functionality that you know of? Or do you think we will have to touch standard SAP to change that particular system behaviour?

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NORMAL - material

PRODUCT CATEGORY - product category -COCO

these are standard and SRM CONTRACT must be created like this other wise you will have lot of issues like object lik error and release value.

MAKE ENSURE THAT MATERIAL CREATES ALWAYS MATERIAL CONTRACT AND PRODUCT CATEGORY CREATES COCO contracts w.r.t appropriate type.

DONT hesistate to raise the message to SAP.

GIVE ME MORE DETAILS bid to CONTRACT ? WHAT type of contract you created in SRM or ECC. scenario too.

FORGOT TO update you ..1440426 Wrong Item type selected when GOA created from SC solved my issue.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

It's the PCTR/CCTR document type we utilize. We had already created an OSS msg for more then 3 months now. We have not had any real response till now.

I looked into our active badi's but there isn't anything that could involve the determination of 'NORMAL' where we would expect 'COCO'.

I looked into the transaction type configuration transaction but can not find anything on 'NORMAL' or 'COCO' itemtypes. Where is this configured, could you elaborate?

Jay: In SRM 7 if you publish an RFx with 1 free-text item -> post bid response -> accept bid response - > convert bid response into contract -> the contract lineitem type is of type productcategory?

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay: In SRM 7 if you publish an RFx with 1 free-text item -> post bid response -> accept bid response - > convert bid response into contract -> the contract lineitem type is of type productcategory?

Contract is not yet in my client's scenario. I got error when trying to generate CCTR from quotation for the test. So no (dis)proof yet. If I have to guess, the item type convertion from <blank> to COCO won't be and should not be automatic, because not every such case is desirable. Some logic has to be there.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TIM

The below is SAP rule

item category - NORMAL - for material

item category - PRODUCT CATEGORY -COCO- for product category.

if any thing fails you have right to fight with SAP to do the same.

after wrong item type created if you modify them Object linkages will be lost due to your modification and impact in your system in different way .

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you.

One more thing i would like to add is that in the scenario where you would want to use a material-like-contract that includes price per items but you do not have an actual material registered in your internal catalog this is not possible. Since product-category contracts do not provide options for adding price per amount (f.e. 20euro pro 1 EA). Therefore:

- Using productcategory contract items you'll always need to manually add the price per item for every requirement.

- Using material you need an actual item/material that is registered within your internal catalog.

We want material-like items but without the need to actually create and maintain materials in an internal catalog. This isn't possible by any standard means, correct?

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1484344 - Contract does not get created from RFx Response

CHECK WITH THIS NOTE

bid to contract

mateial -normal - works -

product category dont works.

muthu

Answers (0)