Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager system copy Dual Stack

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have one Solution Manager (ABAP+JAVA). Last week I made one offline backup for this system (offline backup), after that I reinstalled all in this server SAP and Oracle DB (including OS-SUSe10) and I build the same SAP system from that offline backup using restore.

My problem is now because I am not able to start JAVA engine. I knew that I had to perform this homogeneous system copy using sapinst to export ABAP+JAVA schema but I was needed to use this option because I didn't have enough time.

Question: 1. It is possible to export now only the JAVA stack (from database) and to import again?

2. If this will work can you please tell me if there I have to uninstall only JAVA stack and install again from import?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Florin Radulea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this will not work. The best way to perform a system copy of a dual stack is to use sapinst with the backup/restore options.

Install a plaine system an restore the db would not work.

Sapinst exports also a lot of stuff from the filesystem repository.

Perform the copy again with sapinst. It will be faster than fix all manually

Kind Regards

Franz

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Thank you for your response.

OK...so to understand to try to export again both ABAP+JAVA stack using sapinst. Can you please tell me if my JAVA OS files now are not ok, sapinst will know what to export? I ask this because I think my JAVA files are not ok.

I will list the steps that I will try to follow. Can you please tell me if these are ok?

1. Export actual SAP system using sapinst with option export ABAP+JAVA

2. Uninstall SAP+DB from actual server

3. Install SAP using option System Copy (Target system)

Thank you,

King regard,

Florin Radulea

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florin,

your steps are correct. Uninstall of the source system is only necessary if you install the target on the same maschine.

Sapinst will export all necessary java stuff (db and repository)

Take care if you use another java version. Maybe you have to correct vm settings and the java path with configtool.

Also read the system copy guide for preperations and post steps!

Kind Regards

Franz

florin_radulea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Thank you for your quickly reponse.

I will follow those steps and I hope to be ok.

Thank you,

Kind regard,

Florin Radulea

Answers (0)