Issue with delta download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario -

SRM 5.0

R/3 4/6c

Classic Scenario

I have configured a filter in SRM to do a replication of materials from the MARA table of R/3 using R3AS transaction. This works fine.

I am further trying to configure the delta download for replication of materials where some changes have occured in R/3. For this i create the request using R3AR2 and then do a load using R3AR4. The filter settings are similar to the one used during the initial load.

My observation is that during the delta download the system is again replicating all the materials which have been initially replicated through the initial load. The changes in R/3 are also reflecting correctly for these materials.

Is this standard behavior - in this case what is the difference between initial load and delta load if all the materials are being replicated? I was assuming that during a delta download only the changed materials would be replicated.

Please let me know if I have missed on any filter settings and whether my observation is correct?

Thank you.

Regards,

Amish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amish

>

(...)

> The filter settings are similar to the one used during the initial load.

>(...)

As you defined your request with same table name(s), field name(s) option(s) and value(s) as the ones for intial download , it is normal to get same materials repicated !!

Just one precision: using R3AR2 transaction, you do a synchronization.

What you want to do is to use delta download.

For this, look at blog below:

[How to replicate material master from R/3 to SRM|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5728] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you have two options

delta can be done via R3AR2

OR

SMOF_DOWNLOAD - report daily schedule job for MATERIAL filter LIKE 10000 TO 1999999

100004 YESTERDAY MATERIAL CREATED

100005 TODAY CREATED

100006 TOMORROW

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amish,

Replication using R3AR2/R3AR4 with same filters as initial load gets all the materials that are in the filter range. For delta download, you do not need to run any jobs. You need to configure middleware in ECC to automatically send materials.

Check OSS note 720819.

SG