Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Sync Sceanrio 503 service unavailable and connection time out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a saop to soap sync scenario,

i am getting 503 service unavailable error when i try to post the request message from soap UI and addition message is "you are tryign to access an application that is stopped"

But in the target system .. when i open the wnavigator i am able to use the service and get the desitred results.

i think its a connection issues from PI side but not able to figure out the cause and remedy:Is there any proxy/firewall issue

But the fact is PI and target system are in same LAN.!

- My soap receiver channel is configured with correct url (i am able to open in browser,authentication is fine as i tested in wsnavigator of target system)

When i try testing direct posting in intergartion server through RWB:

i get this error:

Error While Sending Message: Additional error text from response: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

is this because the response is not commming from Target system?

please suggest if anyone resolved this , i have gone through the forum but didnt find exact solution for similar post

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below:

In addition, check if the webservice which you are consuming is running fine

This code indicates the server is temporarily unable to process the client's request. A server that becomes overloaded may use this code to let the client know that it can retry the request later

Regards,

Abid

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the adapter configured correctly?

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When i try testing direct posting in intergartion server through RWB:

make use of SOAP Client to send the request to XI and check if the error still exists.

Since you mentioned that you are able to get the results when the WS is pinged directly, the WS is working fine.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jun 15, 2010 2:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies..

@Abhi - I have already tested using SOAP Client (SOAP UI ) and i am getting 503 service unavailable error in response pane.The

WS is working fine when i check from the target systems wsnavigator.

can you let me know the ways to test if PI is connecting to the java system properly?I think for a WS call only the URL is enough

@Forooq-

Proxy related issues. PI is not able to access host system where services are running.

how to check if there is such an issue?

@Abid-

i already refered the note and the post but the thread is not answer .

Is there any services to be activate? i checked in SICF all my services are up and runnung... what help can i ask from basis seems to be a PI issue

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

503 error means the server is currently unable to handle the request due to busy of the server.

Check this links in 503 error

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> @Forooq-

>

Proxy related issues. PI is not able to access host system where services are running.

> how to check if there is such an issue?

If I am not wrong you have assign some proxy setting on your internet browser to access that web-service. If this is the case then you can assign the same to SOAP receiver channel. In the configure proxy setting of soap reciver adapter, you can assign the proxy details and test. Let me know if it works?

>Webservic is working fine at the target systems.

Then it is very much possible that there are connectivity issue between PI and webservice. Probably you are making minor mistake in passing URL or SOAP action in the adapter. Pleas cross check them once more. Also test pass proxy setting and test it.

Hope it may help.

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

He is able to test the webservice using the url. it means the server is not that much busy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abid: Nice to see your contribution on sdn. Keep it up.

Shrinivas if you are unable to consume the webservice in PI systems then there might be few reason. Few of the are listed below.

1. Receiver/Provider service is not up and working properly.

2. Improper URL in the SOAP communication channel.

3. SOAP Action/Operation is not properly assigned in SOAP adapter.

4. Proxy related issues. PI is not able to access host system where services are running.

5. Authorization problem if any.

6. Invalid wsdl

7. Invalid test data that might return fault message. And this fault message is not handled in PI.

I hope it may help you to toubleshoot your interface.

Regards,

Farooq