cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% CPU Usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have two (2) process that are showing high CPU usage. Checking the database, the SQL associated with the high CPU is as below:

SELECT T_00 . "ARFCIPID" , T_00 . "ARFCPID" , T_00 . "ARFCTIME" , T_00 . "ARFCTIDCNT" FROM
"TRFCQOUT" T_00 INNER JOIN "ARFCSSTATE" T_01 ON T_00 . "ARFCIPID" = T_01 . "ARFCIPID" AND
T_00 . "ARFCPID" = T_01 . "ARFCPID" AND T_00 . "ARFCTIME" = T_01 . "ARFCTIME" AND T_00 .
"ARFCTIDCNT" = T_01 . "ARFCTIDCNT" AND T_00 . "DEST" = T_01."ARFCDEST" WHERE T_00 . "MAN
DT" = :A0 AND T_00 . "QNAME" = :A1 AND T_00 . "DEST" = :A2 AND T_00 . "QSTATE" IN ( :A3 ,
:A4 ) AND T_01 . "ARFCSTATE" = :A5

Checking further, I noted that these sessions are causing blocking issues:

BLOCKINGSID 'ISBLOCKING BLOCKEDSID
----------- ----------- ----------
        616 IS BLOCKING        641
        616 IS BLOCKING        615
        619 IS BLOCKING        587

Can someone please advise if it is okay to kill these sessions? I don't know much about SAP to troubleshoot it further as main role is as DBA. Just want to make sure that I will not cause any harm killing these session either in the database or kill -9 in the OS level.

Any feedback or suggestion will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

is it your production ECC /R3 system? I think your system may be connected to some BI system, which is pulling delta data from your system. If its is the case, please ask BW/BI team member if the load can be canceled or how much time it would take to finish the load.

Please dont just kill the process., It might cause load failure.

Regards

Anindya

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To check reply to your thread use the link below

Else , you can login to www.sdn.sap.com , go to Forums , Check your own profile and Question raised by you.

Do not directly send mail is it is violation of forum rules.

Regarding your issue... From your SQL statement, I got to know which are the tables being affected during that activity and so guessed that it could be from BI Delta Load ( table ARFCSSTATE, ARFCDATA, TRFCQOUT are related to delta queue in BI/BW.

You can check from ST06->Detail Analysis Menu->TOP CPU which will show you that which process is responsible for CPU consumption.

You can Check from SM37 for the active jobs running in your SAP system.

You can check SM04 tcode to know who are the users logged in your system ( SAP Instatance) currently

Regards

Anindya Bose

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the FORUM thread, this is shown as having one reply and I also received an email of the reply but how come I cannot see the reply in the FORUM thread ... hhhhmmm

Anyway, thanks to Anindya for the response below. Is there a way to identify which SAP application login or user is it though? From the database, SAP users' username all shows as SAPRPC or SAPRPE. Is there any possible way to show which SAP user is it?

Thanks in advance.

-

Subject: Re: 100% CPU Usage

is it your production ECC /R3 system? I think your system may be connected to some BI system, which is pulling delta data from your system. If its is the case, please ask BW/BI team member if the load can be canceled or how much time it would take to finish the load.

Please dont just kill the process., It might cause load failure.

Regards

Anindya

-