cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap DR server Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we are trying to implement DR server for our production system,i have offline and NT level backup.Which is the best method to install the same system in other hardware.

If system copy please tell me the CD number of installation master for windows 2003 x64 bit oracle and ecc6.0 version.Please help me to continue with process.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best method to follow is:

1) Install new SAP appliation on secondary server (DR)

2) Take full online or offline backup of your Primary server

3) Restore the backup into secondary server using backup restore method

4) Start archivelog shipping from primary to secondary

5) Start applying and deletion of archivelogs

for more clarifications Search SDN/Google DR setup or DIsaster recovery server implementation

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts ,

I implemented Dr server with HP mirroring software.We tested its working fine Its in failover concept.Inveted lots of bugs for getting software.

Regards,

Naveen N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen, for a DR scenrario, you can set up the host, SAP kernel and Oracle kernel using any OS level backup tool that is available to you.

During a DR test for example, you build the server (OS), use OS tools to create filesystems (or shares), use OS backup tools to restore SAP kernel and database kernel. At that point, you will have access to BR tools and your filesystems (or shares) will be in place to receive the data. You use the BR tools to restore from tape backup to the DR system and rollforward. You will have several post processing to complete after that to make the system usable (for example, fix custom interfaces, SAP license to name a few).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shan