cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects connect to Solution Manager system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.How to Monitor Business Objects in SM?

2.How to Connet Business Objects to SM?

Please let me know if ther are any SIM or PDF for configuration of BOJ for SM.

Regards,

Neni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Neni,

You can connect to the BOJ using diagnostics and use it for diagnostics. Hope this [guide|https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000703907&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_OBJECT=011000358700000074392009E] can help you to set the Landscape, System Landscape definition and the Diagnostics configuration.(Look out for your BO version).

Revert for any issues.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank for the Info.

BO version is 3.1

and SM is SP22

DO i need to instal SAPHOSTAGENT? what is the use ?will it requied if SM is SPS20

Is it possible connect Business Objects environment to Solution Manager?

what the Perquisites?

Regards,

Neni

Edited by: 21101982 on Jun 15, 2010 1:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neni,

Have a look at this note 1010428 for pre-requisites and support. I believe there are CA Wily probes available from SPS20 for SAP BOE 3,1.

Yes you need to have SAPHOSTAGENT /SMDAGENT installed for these and only way to monitor should be through wily introscope and then to diagnostics on SM.

Hope this helps.

Revert for any issues.

Regards,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Jun 15, 2010 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to setup an OSS connection from the saprouter to the BOBJ system?

Regards

Neni

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can we do Monitoring BOBJ from Wily ?is there any tool to moniroting BOBJ from SM?

Regards,

Neni

volker_deneke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, check this an the linked documentation:

note 1321824

best regards,

Volker

Edited by: Volker Deneke on Jun 22, 2010 10:22 AM

volker_deneke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, yes and yes, Wily Enterprise Manager hast predefined dashboards for BOBJ, and SOLMAN gets the data from Wily, so you can monitor (with a little delay, about 1h) in solman as well.

best regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the information.

1.My Solution manager is 7.0 EHP1 SP 20 and the Note-1393207 talks abt. SAPHOSTAGENT 7.20 (7.20 SP23) to be deployed on the BOBJ do you think we will have compatibility issues.

2what is the use of SAPHOSTAGENT?if we use Wily.

3.what are can be monitored for BOBJ ?

4.what are the Reason and Prerequisites for SAPHOSTAGENT?

Regards,

Neni

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Install the specified Microsoft security patch in accordance with the instructions in SAP Note 1375494 in BOBJ Server

2) Download SAPHOSTAGENT711_56-20006321.SAR and uncared.

3) The login user requires authorization to create a service. To set this specific authorization, do the following:

a. On the Microsoft Windows host, choose Start Control Panel  Administrative Tools  Local Security Policy .

b. In the navigation bar, choose Security Settings  Local Policies  User Rights Assignment , and then double-click the line Log on as a service.

c. Add the login user to the list by choosing the Add User or Groupu2026 button and entering this user.

4) SAP HOSTAGENT version 7.11 instead 7.20. Then again upgraded to 7.20 version

5) Downloaded the attached file ewa4boe.zip in SAP Note 1393207 onto C:\EWA folder of BOBJ server and extracted. As administration user, executed the batch script enable_ewa_monitoring.bat by invoking enable_ewa_monitoring.bat

I hope this resolves