cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Repository Upgrade error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in MDM 7.1 SP4

In Development region, I have a Repository called u2018Repository Au2019 that is upgraded from 5.5 to 7.1 SP4 and tested and everything works fine in this repository ( both Import & Syndication maps are updated). I verified this repository and no error of any kind. I Created the repository Schema (Transport-> export repository schema) for u2018Repository Bu2019 to upgrade

I have another repository called u2018 Repository Bu2019 I want to upgrade to 7.1. According the Upgrade document, I did the following on Repository B.

1. Update the repository

2. Delete all the ports

3. Delete all the Maps (Import & Syndication maps)

When Import Repository schema (Transport-> Import repository schema), I am getting the following error message

u2018A syndicator or Import Maps has not been properly updated. All maps must be updated before any repository schema operation may take placeu201D

Anyone know why I am getting this error message?. What I am doing wrong here?. Both Import and syndication Maps are updated.

I see other options in the transport option like u2018Create Transport referencesu2019, u2018Export change fileu2019 , u2018 Import change fileu2019 etc. What is the purpose of these options?

Any help will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp,

I would suggest to check/verify repository on MDM 5.5 and after that go for transport-->Export to Schema.

According to SAP MDM 7.1 SP4 release note then after importing repository schema, Run Verify/Repair on all repositories before loading them in MDM 7.1 SP04. Also refer Section B6. Update the MDM repositories. SAP Note 1432315 - MDM 7.1 SP4

Please refer Upgrade Activities from SAP Note 1295253 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP01 Release, Also refer Upgrade Guide.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lamp,

Can you tell me how your problem got solved. Can you reply with Solution procedure.

Thanks

Kiran

Answers (0)