Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery being processed by a different user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

Release-SAP 4.6c/oracle

VL02n and vt02n gave a message stating the deliveries are currently being processed a different user XYZ .We had the name of this user(XYZ) in this message.This was an issue with many deliveries that day for a span for 1 hour.

1. the user XYZ was inactive in the system(al08)

2.No process against the user XYZ name in SM66.

But I found locks against XYZ in sm12 on the tables LIKP/VBAK.

I deleted these locks in sm12 to overcome the problem.

Now I'm trying to find the root cause for this issue.

There is no much info available in standard tcodes-sm21,dev_W* for enqueue,st22(no dumps), no cancelled updates.Any standard possible causes for this??

Any other checks to be performed??

Thanks .

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lock entries on users' who are not logged in now is not uncommon. This can happen in case of network disruptions between frontend GUI and the SAP system and the session is not cleanly terminated. You might check in SM21 logs for entries 's -->(Connection to user **** lost) for that particular 1 hour of time. If you feel this to be a product issue please refer to the following notes (if you run the same version)

-

Note 659081 - Record locking issue with VBAK and LIKP

Note 494674 - The cause of the error when locking deliveries

-

Else pls post version details.

cheers !

PRADi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thats correct pradeep.

I'd already analyzed the sm21 logs for the user exits, but could not find the logs for all the users holding up the locks.

I found only user session disconnect among the users holding locks.

Are there any other reasons for this?

One information I managed to gather is that there were no free updates available during this time and a db lock was being held in db01, but this was a for a totally different user and different transaction(fico).

Thanks

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 16, 2010 11:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> but could not find the logs for all the users holding up the locks.

> I found only user session disconnect among the users holding locks.

There could be two reasons that you didn't get the data for all users:

--> The SM21 logs that you use should be from 'all remote system' or from your central system log(if this is being used)

--> The timeframe that you restrict the log is incorrect (the users' might have been disconnected some time back and you only observed the locks only when it started hitting you badly.

To check if the locks where a product error, I would need the release/OS/DB details.

Updates do set locks, but your concern is the locks not being released ?

cheers !

PRADi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There were no free updates available.This can also be one of the reasons.

No exact cause could be established.

Thanks.

Prasanna