cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of SNP orders to PPDS orders (In a PDS environment)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

We use PDS in SNP directly created from R/3 production version (Automotive Industry). There is a catch, however.

The PDS's were created exclusively for SNP implementation, complete with its own high level constraints (configured as Materials) and aggregate resources. The objective was to make a high level do-ability check during rough cut capacity planning.

Actual Resources in R/3 =A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2

SNP resources = A,B,C. For the SNP project, new routings, workcenters and BOM's were created exclusively.

PPDS is being considered for a detailed capacity check. An obvious assumption being that the SNP orders can be converted into PPDS order. I am having a tough time agreeing to that.

For starters, the PPDS master data is going to completely different fron the corresponding SNP Master Data.

THe question is - Is the conversion from SNP order to PPDS order possible in this scenario?

How can an SNP order using a SNP PDS for a finished good on resource "A" be converted to PPDS order on the actual resource "A1" when "A" will not even exist in PPDS PDS.?

Is it even possible?

Appreciate the help,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No way I can think of. You need transfer PPDS PDS from ECC. So that SNP orders can be converted to PPDS orders.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For conversion of SNP orders into PPDS in PDS environment, it is

SAP standard phenomenon that you need to define resources

and sources of supply for SNP and PP/DS that are consistent

with each other.

This is one of the basic pre-requisite for conversion of orders. If

this condition is not met, such scenario is not supported by SAP.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Senthil and Santosh,

That is what I had assumed. For the SNP orders to be converted to PPDS order, the resources atleast have to be consistent with each other. (the SNP source of supply be created out of a PPDS source of supply).

Just another thought!

Assume we create the PPDS Master Data using the real Production version (the real one in R/3 created using Phantom assemblies). The SNP master data remains the same on its own. The SNP orders are calculated at the FG level. Since we do not have the real dependent materials in the SNP PDS, any dependent demand is unusable, per se.

Now, Could there be a possibility to convert the SNP orders to PPDS orders at the FG level, without using the SNP source of supply. The idea is to uncheck the "Use SNP sources of Supply" on the "SNP2PPDS" conversion heuristic. (Though I am not sure whether that heuristic setting "Use SNP sources of supply" would work only in a PPM scenario and does not support PDS usage).

If the conversion to PPDS is now possible without the source of supply only at the FG level, could it be possible to first convert and then re-explode the PPDS BOM later on for the dependent materials to assume the correct PPDS source of supply.

Thanks,

Rakesh.