cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a client export and one of the request has 17 GB and the other 50 MB, i have started the client import with stms but is going to take for a while.

This copy is to create a new historical client in the PRD system, i only did this export because the SAP_ALL profile doesn´t copy the cluster tables and as you know we have to do with SAP_RECO, but this profile only can be copy to a client with the same number if we use Tcode SCC9 only with the export can be with a different number using Tcode SCC8.

My question is, there is any quickest way to do a copy of the prodution to a new client in the same machine, on the same SAP?

Kind regards,

Nuno Silva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

The activity is recording in the logs under trans directory:

/usr/sap/trans/tmp

/usr/sap/trans/log

Regards,

Blanca

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_RECO profile is specific for recovery of a client and that cannot be changed (as far as I know).

I think you should do a Local Client Copy using SAP_ALL profile.

I presume you can export the data in the clustered table and import it using DB tools (Depending on the scenario)

Regards

Juan

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nuno,

The time needed for a client copy depends on several factors. Usually, the database interface limits the throughput to 100 - 500 MB/hour. From this, a runtime of 1 - 2 hours results for Customizing client and a correspondingly longer runtime (up to several weeks) for productive clients.

Anyhow you can try to improve the client copy performance following some recommendations as, for example, deleting the target client using transaction SCC5 in advance, that is, before the client copy.

There are several notes regarding this:

In SAP note 70643 you can find further information about the client deletion, and in note 365304 you will find some reports that will help you improving the performance.

In addition, you will find interesting note 208919, and if you are not using parallel processing yet, please read note 212727.

In note 67205 you will also find useful information to reduce the runtime of the client copy.

You can also exclude tables from the client copy and export/import them

separately after the client copy as explained in note 70290.

I hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

Can you tell me if during the r3trans import there is any way to check/ monitorize what was updated, wich tables where updated?

Best regards,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Nuno Silva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While the client copy is running, you can look into the /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory. The log files being written during the import also contain step by step each table being written to. If you don't find the files here, check /usr/sap/trans/log directory as the files might have got moved there after being written.

Regards,

Shitij

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nuno,

It´s possible to share with you some information, experiences and other things regarding SAP world? Can you send me an e-mail please? (Find it in my Business Card) Because I´m portuguese too... and it always a good thing to share some information!!

(Olá Nuno. Trabalhas em SAP também certo? Podes enviar-me email para ficarmos com o contacto um do outro, para trocarmos informações? Acede ao meu Business Card e envia-me um e-mail para esse endereço que vês aí! Obrigado.)

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal