cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP SP12: Can no longer import roles to CUP from ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I can no longer import roles from ERM to CUP on SP12. What is going on with SP12? Error message: "Action failed."

2010-06-14 14:13:52,933 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_20] ERROR

com.virsa.ae.dao.NoRecordsFoundException: No Records Found ..

com.virsa.ae.dao.NoRecordsFoundException: No Records Found ..

at com.virsa.ae.dao.dto.LocaleFieldContainerDTO.getRecordsList(LocaleFieldContainerDTO.java:127)

2010-06-14 14:13:52,935 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_20] ERROR com.virsa.ae.configuration.ConfigurationException: No Records Found ..

com.virsa.ae.configuration.ConfigurationException: No Records Found ..

at com.virsa.ae.configuration.bo.ImportRolesBO.upsert(ImportRolesBO.java:979)

Is anyone else running SP12 with CUP & ERM?

Best Regards, Dylan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for information!

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dylan!

We have many bugs with SPS12 too. Did SAP answer to you? Please post result of SAP's survey.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP came back and mentioned that I had some role descriptions missing (empty value) and this was causing the issue.

The results vary by role type:

1. SINGLE roles CAN be imported successfully to CUP from ERM with missing role descriptions.

2. DERIVED roles CANNOT be import to CUP from ERM if the role description is missing.

The solution is to update the DERIVED roles with role descriptions. It's always good practice to have role descriptions for all roles, but many customers have different views on the importance/usefulness of role descriptions.

This didn't appear to be an issue before SP11, but oh well... Also, since the Role Description field in ERM is mandatory, the mass role import should not allow roles to be imported with missing role descriptions, but it does. I've mentioned that to SAP as well.

I'm going to close this thread as solved, with workarounds.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

We are also going for SP12 and a bit worried after reading your posts.

Please, keep us update with any information could be useful.

Many thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

Are you able to find solutions to the ERM issues appearing with SP12? Your posts are very helpful. Please update as we are also planning to apply SP12.

Thanks

R R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello R R,

SAP have request access to the system to investigate. I expect an answer by next week and will post it here.

-Dylan