cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager - Source of Import as Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using MDM Import Manger to Import data from Ports.

When I go to File --> Connect to Source -->

I selected Type as Port, Remote System as SRM. I could see Port drop down is open and have several values in the drop down.

However all these valuse are Greyed out. I can select any of these values.

Can you please let me know what is the reason for the same and What is that I need to do so that I will be able to select the values from the 'Port' dropdown.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SudhaViz,

However all these valuse are Greyed out.

When there is file available on the Ready folder of corresponding port and your Import Services is not running in that case this values become enabled for respective Port for which there is file available in Ready folder of Inbound Port.

Please refer below Article for more details on Port Concepts:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1df...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha

Port functionality for importing the files is normally used for automated import using MDIS.

The ports are coming greyed out as possibly there are no files placed in the Ready folder for that respective Port.

Please check the Ready folder for the Port/Remote system, if any files are present. You can also check this in console- Port status should be Has Data. In case it is showing empty, please place a file there first and then reconnect, should work well.

regards

Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Ports are nothing but Directories (folders) on MDM Server. In case there is not source data file on the port (directories on MDM server) then ports will be grey-out in Import Manager and will not be available for selection for data import.

So, if you want to import data from the port, then you have to first place the file on the port. this can be either automatic from SRM or Manual (*depending on your business requirement). Once you place file on the port, they will become available for selection in Import Manager.

In case you want to import data from the file lying on your local system then select the type of file i.e. excel, access, XML etc. instead of port and then you will be able to connect to Import Manager.

Kindly revert if you have any further question.

Regards,

Shiv